Used 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Good truck
By Pistol

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I also own a Crown Victoria and my wife would rather ride in the truck. Only had two mechanical failures in 5 years, right brake caliper and A/C. Truck rides good on the road and style is very aerodynamic.

Rear fold-down seat is better than new Super Crews. Truck looks sleek and fast just sitting still, while new trucks look more rugged and boxy.

One improvement already made, more comfortable and intimate interior. Gas mileage could improve dramatically, offer more rear ends like a 3.37/1 for those that do not want a tow vehicle.

Better Than Any Truck On The Road
By Kyle

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just turned 19, and my mom and dad bought me this truck 4 months ago after I flipped and totaled my '02 4-door Ranger Edge Plus. My mom has a 4.6, and I wasn't expecting my 5.4 to have that much more power. I was wrong. It is listed as having 260 HP, but I believe it has more. I have had some truck experts I know that say it pushes almost 300. The gas mileage is low, but considering the size of the engine, it is rather good. It gets much better mileage than my girlfriend's Avalanche. The body style is great, interior is also very stylish (do not get the leather, as it tears easier), no need for 4WD (I didn't need it, and I get through mud holes fine), it is a great, comfortable ride.

5.4L V8 that pushes more than said. Great towing capabilities. So powerful I haven't seen a use for 4WD. Extremely comfortable. Captain chairs. Great 6-cd changer and speakers. Tons of room. Great looking truck. (Mine's Emerald green with tan interior). Friends love it.

There are none.

Great Truck
By Steve

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for two years and it does everything a full size truck should do, and does it well. It tows my camper, it's great on family trips, and you never have to worry about throwing whatever in the back. The bed extender really helps for those longer items. It's also very comfortable and easy to drive.

Sunroof, adjustable pedals (wife can drive truck with ease), bed extender.

A little bit more power would be helpful but I could get a new F150 and have what I need.

F150 was great
By F150 Lariat Supercre

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck runs great, gets 21 MPG highway and has plenty of power. I'm going in for a brake job at 59,000 miles and had no other problems. Shifts well, the 4.6 liter engine is smooth and delivers 231 HP. Lots of space and passengers love it too. Bed is 5.5 feet long but served me well as I can easily put 4x8 sheet of plywood in. Other trucks including 6 cylinder Rangers, Toyota's and Dodges just don't deliver the gas mileage that this truck does.

Sunroof. This is a factory sunroof and I love it.

Keep it the same.

Love it
By Greg

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new and got the 4 wheel drive because I got stuck pulling my boat in my old truck (Mazda/Ranger) just before i was trading. I've tried to get stuck but can't, so never used the 4 wheel drive. I love the truck and will replace it with the same -- just new.

Sitting up high - pulling my boat effortless - and 3 friends sitting comfortably inside with all the gear in the bed going fishing.

Has three slots for coins, Needs four to accomodate pennies.