2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great truck, will buy an F-150 again
By Carl Comstock on 04/22/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been great to own. Low cost of repairs and still at 122,000 miles runs and looks great. I live in the northeast and the truck has seen a lot of winter driving and has very little rust. 4x4 works great and have not had a single major promlem. After 5 years and 60,000 miles I paid out only $368 in repair cost.

wanna race?
By 01 Lightning man on 12/17/06 17:19 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

My truck is GREAT! I could not have bought a better pick up. It is my dream truck, since I was 16, and now I have one. It's amazing the looks you will get when you are driving a shiny, black Ford Lightning SVT, with chrome wheels, bed cover, cowl induction hood, Bassani exhaust, and an extra 30 horse power to the already 390 stock. WHEW, what a truck!

Quality Not Job One
By Final Ford on 08/30/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall the truck has been okay for a truck. Same old Ford quality though. Noisy transmission, loud power steering pump, and mushy suspension. Transmission hunts when pulling a boat and loaded. Poor window seal quality, almost all doors and window seals are now falling apart or off. Paint quality on roof was factory poor, checking and cracking. To top it off the Original OEM tires were dry-rotting at 25,000 miles.

First Pickup
By Eric Novak on 08/24/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. It tows our ski boat like a champ and has always run well for us. Has interior like a large car and bed for the weekend building projects and yard work. We have Lariat with heated seats, moon roof, leather, etc. Still looks brand new with good care. Have gone through 2 sets of tire and brakes with 112,000 miles...which I feel is good and fair. Change oil/filter every 5000 miles, air filter etc. I just had the plugs replaced at 110,000 miles at dealer and although it did not run rough...it runs smooth like new again. Have had transmission fluids changed as manual says and no problems. It is a great truck period.

Great Truck Since Day 1
By cdmorgan76 on 07/14/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have never had a problem with my King Ranch. I have put 77,000 miles on the truck since I bought it new in March 2001. Overall I have had a great experience. I wish all Ford's were built as well as my King Ranch.

Fantastic vehicle
By fordtestdriver on 06/03/06 21:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. The only thing that has gone wrong in 5 years is the antenna loosened after driving through the car wash. It was repaired under warranty. I purchased an aftermarket engine recalibration package and if I burn premium I get about 3 mpg better and a lot more power with the reprogrammed chip. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

2001 Sport
By Mike on 05/28/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought brand new when I started college. Never had a problem with the truck, can't say the same about college. I still drive it everyday to and from work; it still feels and has the reliability it did when it was brand new. Can't wait to pay off my student loans so I can buy a new one.

Garbage
By Bob on 05/07/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Rust all along lower front doors found at 2 years old. Dealer has repainted 3 times. Now the hood is bubbling too! Rear drivers wheel locked up at 35mph due to emergency brake shoe coming apart. Then 1 year later the passenger rear emergency brake locked up the same way. The shoe material separates from the metal. We never used the emergency brake and nobody had ever worked on it. Heck this truck has less than 30k on it! Can't believe no recall on brakes that just lock up one tire at speed TWICE! Power mirror switch inoperable.

Happy & Satisfied with vehicle
By Jim on 01/31/06 13:15 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to tow a twenty-five foot travel trailer. I pulled it for five years over the Blueridge mountain range, six thousand foot elevation. I now have a twenty-eight foot fifth wheel travel trailer. I use a Super Glider fifth wheel to tow with. I was concerned that its extra weight might be to much but has done a fine job so far. I am within the GVCR for towing but this has not been a problem. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE AUTOMATIC LOCKING OF THE DOOR LOCKS. They most always close except the right front passenger side. I have not asked for assistance for the problem and my vehicle will be six years old in May. I have completed every scheduled maintenance check on this vehicle.

This has been a great truck!
By ronjenson on 01/25/06 21:02 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a problematic 1999 Silverado. It drives great and holds the road well. Turning radius is tight. The 5.4 Triton has more than adequate power to pull a 30' travel trailer. The captains chairs are very comfortable and we like the lumbar supports and adjustable pedals since I am tall and my wife is short. The truck has been relatively trouble-free. In over four years I have only made three repairs outside normal maintenance. This included replacing a rear axle bearing, replacing the IAC valve, and replacing a rear rotor (warped due to heat generated by failing axle bearing). In all these repairs cost me about $400 total. Not bad for four years. I would buy another .