2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F-150 rocks
By jjj on 08/27/07 09:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Never had a day of trouble with it. Looks great with high quality fit and finish. People still compliment me on its great looks!

Great truck, will buy an F-150 again
By Carl Comstock on 04/22/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been great to own. Low cost of repairs and still at 122,000 miles runs and looks great. I live in the northeast and the truck has seen a lot of winter driving and has very little rust. 4x4 works great and have not had a single major promlem. After 5 years and 60,000 miles I paid out only $368 in repair cost.

Quality Not Job One
By Final Ford on 08/30/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Overall the truck has been okay for a truck. Same old Ford quality though. Noisy transmission, loud power steering pump, and mushy suspension. Transmission hunts when pulling a boat and loaded. Poor window seal quality, almost all doors and window seals are now falling apart or off. Paint quality on roof was factory poor, checking and cracking. To top it off the Original OEM tires were dry-rotting at 25,000 miles.

Been Good to me
By Sean on 11/04/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I must admit, this truck has been nothing short of bulletproof. I've got 96,000 on it, and it's been to the dealer once for a broken mounting stud on the rear cab glass. I attribute this to my maintenance and the fact I got a good one this time. You must change the tranny fluid on these trucks, it's a must. I've also found the Triton V8s like full synthetic oil. I also recommend getting one with the factory tow package, you get an auxiliary trans and oil cooler. All in all, a great truck with a good ride. I've also made some aftermarket improvements- 4" lift kit, shift kit, and new intake.

Great Truck!
By Scott on 08/17/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love my F-150! It looks good, sits high, and runs great. I get 18-20 MPG on the HWY with the 6, but with gas rising I can't afford it anymore. Everything about this truck is great!

F150 Lariat Off Road
By Andy Jackson on 08/16/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I use my F150 for work to haul my boat as I am a fishing guide. It is a well built truck that very adequately tows. The only complaint that I have in towing is that the engine can use more low end torque. This is due in part to the fact that it is a SOHC engine versus a pushrod design which is known to have much stronger low end torque. The ride and handling is first rate. The quality of components and their assembly is far superior to the domestic competition and the ruggedness, durability, and beefy frame and suspension makes you realize that the Japanese trucks really fall short in these key areas in comparison. Ford trucks continue to be the best built trucks on the road today.

'01 Ford F-150
By chris may on 07/03/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Flareside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Great overall truck, reliable and handles a workload well. I like the way this stepside truck looked and I was impressed with the way it handled.

I love it!
By JEM on 01/08/05 10:24 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

We have had this truck for over 3 years. Only had to have it in once for warranty work. Just had to adjust power window on the driver's side. Love the comfort inside, especially on long trips. This is our 4th F150 and I can't wait to get our 5th one with the new make over! It is the best selling vehicle for a reason. Most dependable ride I have ever had.

Don't buy Ford
By Ron King on 01/02/05 17:32 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

15 visits to dealer for repair in 3 years. Transmission thud with 2-1 downshift, replaced rear end, still whines, bad seals and compressor in air conditioner, bad sparkplug coil, drivers seat problems. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Traded for a Honda Pilot. Glad to be rid of it. Don't buy a Ford unless you want to get to know the service department personnel really well.

Comfortable gas hog, poor transmission
By Lewis Allen on 12/05/04 15:02 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Sturdy construction, good paint, terrific ride, nice visiblity, very poor gas mileage - probably due to the overdrive transmission which tends to "lockup" at about 45mph. It'll stutter and sputter until it gets up to 55ish. Lousy sound system. This truck really cruises the interstates though and is comfortable to drive. Air conditioner is pooping out (freon leaking?).