2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning - Consumer Reviews

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (23 reviews )
Excellent
By jamx100es on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I've been driving this truck for about a month. It has been used for about two years, but only has 9K miles on it. It's SWEET. I am absolutely in LOVE with this truck! I couldn't ask for anything more.

Amazing truck
By Filterec on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

If only it could be modified without voiding the warranty!!!! This truck acts more like a car in its behavior, and less like a truck. Will not part with it until the new one comes out.

Great Sport/Race Truck
By LightningBoy on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have no regrets buying my 2001 Ford Lightning. It has all the handling and performance one could ask for from a 35,000ish dollar vehicle. You also get the functionality of a shortbed truck that can haul a 16 ft. trailer or another vehicle. I also own a 2002 and it's just as good! Thank you.

Silver Bullet
By DrChiefADS on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Incredible performance. Would like to see leather interior, and higher quality on the body assembly. The dash looks alot better with ballistic nylon package, and an Alpine stereo helps alot.

SVT Lightning
By byrdman667 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great performance. Could not be happier with my lightning. A true SVT performance vehicle.

White Lightning
By KyleA on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great!!! The most comfortable seats. The best sound. Preformance is as advertised and more. A terrific value in Performance for the money

World's Greatest Truck
By SPage on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is the fastest and most fun vehicle I have ever driven! I plan on owning a Lightning as long as they make them!

380 hp and 450 ft-lbs of torque!
By SVT380450 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

awesome performance--and I'm still blown away that this is a pickup truck. I have what I finally need in a performance vehicle: power, high handling levels, great brakes, tastful but stylist exterior and interior design, exclusivity, and I can still haul items that I bought at Home Depot.

Lacking
By billco on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

If all you are interested in is high performance, I guess this is fine. Special oil, air filter only sold by ford and has to be ordered. Paint quality is terrible, and what is that 1 inch gap on either side of the dash about? Also the brakes are lousy.

Greased Lightnin'
By JRH05 on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is UNBELEIVABLE!!!! The absolute fastest vehicle I have ever owned. It is soooo addicting squeezing the throttle and listening to that supercharger whine! A very comforatable truck considering it's intentions. Only weakness is the gas milage(what do you expect from a 380hp, 4700lb object w/ the arodynamics of a barn door!). I average about 13mpg if I can keep my foot out of it. I strongly recommend this truck to anyone who needs a vehicle for work and play!