Used 2001 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Fun Truck
By p_medic

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew King Ranch 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The leather sold me. I had never had a 4-door truck before. I will never have a truck that is not a 4-door now. All I did was add dual exhaust an a K&N air filter and drive it. Keep your foot out of it and the MPG will be good, 18-19 MPG. The leather still smells good at 45K.

Real Leather & 4 Doors

GM type "Haul" down shift. I had a 2000 Chevy PU prior to the Ford. Down shifting to haul effects reverse in the Chevy. Good for backing a trailer. An optional higher speed rear end would be nice.

truck
By trey cope

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

best truck for the $

More time in shop than on road
By Ruthy

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned this vehicle for 3 months now and have had to take it in for repair six times. Seems like it has been in the shop more than we have driven it. I don't feel it is reliable at all! Hope to get it off our hands ASAP!

Split front seat and center console.

Its needs to be reliable! Replaced clutch, catalytic converter twice, A/C, noisy on freeway.

Why did they change it?
By JCW

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just an all around great vehicle. I have owned both Dodge and Chevy trucks before, and this is my favorite. It has been extremely reliable. I have only had routine service done, oil changes, filters, etc. in over 80,000 of driving. The greatest testimony is that my 15 year old son hopes I still have it when he is driving and ready to have his own vehicle. I probably will, I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.

Rear seats. The 5.4 liter engine with gobs of torque. Speed sensitive volume control on the audio system.

Improved gas mileage. Door handle material wearability A/C condensation drips on the exhaust

fun truck
By dougmrusty

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Been my favorite vehicle to own. Great for light duty activities such as hunting, towing boat/trailer, hauling rock/refuse/bark/dirt. Great road trip vehicle w/ 4 door super crew cab and bed extender. Can pack average size family, gear and dog with no problem. Handles great off road and build quality has been very good.

On the fly 4WD is great. Body style and bed extender are a plus. 5.4 L engine pulls and keeps on pulling.

Gas hog in the 5.4L engine. Seat backs w/ inflatable lumbar support tend to squeak when moving around, but silent when stationary. Slow acceleration w/ low torque output.

• SUV