2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
My first pickup
By westbound on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I moved from an SUV to a pickup of equal weight. I find it more comfortable, but more difficult to handle because of the extended wheelbase. Stopping distance is not as short as I would like. The automatic braking system prevents skids but does not seem to respond briskly enough for my taste.

this is the one
By truker-lover on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I wasnt a big pick up truck fan but when purchased this I dont think Ill ever go back to a normal truck. If your reading this and have never drove one you will not be able to understand until you get in this thiong and actually feel the power and smoothness.

Super Truck
By Karpman on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truck that meets all of my needs. It has the room to haul my large family and all of our stuff. The interior is extremely comfortable both front and back. I highly recommend the combination of the sunroof and sliding rear window. With both of those open and the side windows up you get a great breeze with little noise. I have 36,000 miles on mine without any mechanical defects. If you need a truck but want the luxury of a Lincoln, this truck is for you!

A Home Run
By Earl on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Ford did a Great job w/this one! Design, comfort and Fun! It's a shame a dealer can't take care of a Nice Ride when you trust them to do so. Two trips to dealer (To take care of their carelessness) 21 days total.

Good all around truck
By ramkpb on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Other than the mile per gallon issue and the multi cd player location this truck is a wonderful vehicle to drive. fits Tall people and short people, kids are happy in the back and if you get the blow in liner like I did you will not have to look at any scratches in your bed

Truck could use improvement.
By ggwes on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is like all othyer Fords I've had. They eat up tires and start to ride rough. Also, this truck has a constant whine in teh dash they can't find without taking it apart, which I fear would lead to rattles.

380 hp and 450 ft-lbs of torque!
By SVT380450 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

awesome performance--and I'm still blown away that this is a pickup truck. I have what I finally need in a performance vehicle: power, high handling levels, great brakes, tastful but stylist exterior and interior design, exclusivity, and I can still haul items that I bought at Home Depot.

2001 FORD F-150 SPRCB XLT
By MARSHALL on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

GREAT VEHICLE - 3RD SPRCAB AND THE 6TH FORD VEHICLE WE HAVE OWNED!

Lacking
By billco on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

If all you are interested in is high performance, I guess this is fine. Special oil, air filter only sold by ford and has to be ordered. Paint quality is terrible, and what is that 1 inch gap on either side of the dash about? Also the brakes are lousy.

Greased Lightnin'
By JRH05 on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is UNBELEIVABLE!!!! The absolute fastest vehicle I have ever owned. It is soooo addicting squeezing the throttle and listening to that supercharger whine! A very comforatable truck considering it's intentions. Only weakness is the gas milage(what do you expect from a 380hp, 4700lb object w/ the arodynamics of a barn door!). I average about 13mpg if I can keep my foot out of it. I strongly recommend this truck to anyone who needs a vehicle for work and play!