Used 2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning SVT Lightning Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

SVT Lightning 5.4L V8 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (23 reviews )

What every speed demon should own!
By Ford Mike

2001 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I got my black 01 L about a month ago and I am truly proud of what sits in my drive way. There's nothing else I would take over it, not even a Ferrari because the truck is that good. The speed is very fast and responsive the handing is the same as you would get from a sports car and the comfort from the bucket seats is by far the best I had. Words can't describe how amazing this masterpiece of a truck is. You would have to drive one to see for yourself. The only down side would have to be the winter, it may be a truck but it's got a sports car soul so let's just say the L will play not well with the snow and the gas mileage may be a little hard on your wallet but with 380hp I'm sure you understand.

Favorite Features

S/C sound, speed, style, seats

Suggested Improvements

Radio sound system and brakes

I love this truck
By hot_temprd

I purchased my Lightning about a month ago, trading in my 03 Mustang GT. Needless to say I love this truck. It hauls all necessary cargo and really moves. The poor little import guys around town have no idea what to do when I pull up next to them at a redlight or when I close a 5 or 6 car length gap when the fly past me like I'm standing still. My only gripe is the fuel mileage with the price of premium well above 3 dollars a gallon. Other than that, its a great ride. It hugs the curves just as well as it handles the straights. Overall, Ford has a winner with this truck and they need to build a 3rd Gen ASAP.

Favorite Features

Cold AC, supercharger(of course), comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

Tranny could shift harder under acceleration, exhaust unbearable at 60mph with aftermarket systems, lower stance with 20 inch rim would be nice.

wanna race?
By 01 Lightning man

My truck is GREAT! I could not have bought a better pick up. It is my dream truck, since I was 16, and now I have one. It's amazing the looks you will get when you are driving a shiny, black Ford Lightning SVT, with chrome wheels, bed cover, cowl induction hood, Bassani exhaust, and an extra 30 horse power to the already 390 stock. WHEW, what a truck!

Favorite Features

One of my favorite features would have to be the Super Charged V8 Triton engine. But the interior also looks great.

Suggested Improvements

More power! This thing has a lot of power but now the Dodge SRT is out, Lightning needs to step it up! And... the ride is a little rough.

Black Thunder
By BlackThunder

Fast stock truck and easy to install add-ons to enhance performance. Also eye appeal when I drive my Lightning.

Favorite Features

Super charger and sleek bad truck appearance.

Suggested Improvements

More stock horsepower. Chevy SS & Dodge SRT-10 have passed Lightning and it's such a shame. Since racing has become such a huge attracton lately I don't understand why Ford let this happen. I went to a race at Houston Raceway Park yesterday and Chevy totally dominated the races.

Fun
By JayL

Fun to drive, even better to mod...

Favorite Features

Supercharger whine.

Suggested Improvements

More power with better reliability.