2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Still satisfied after all these years
By atwowheelguy on 11/03/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new. New transmission at 160,000 miles. 174,000 miles on it now. Front brakes twice and rear brakes once. One electric window motor replaced. Throttle body cleaned twice. Uses a quart of oil every 4,000 miles. Original alternator and water pump still going strong. Interior looks good except for the rubber cover on the brake pedal. No rust. Exterior looks good except the normal parking lot dings after 8 years. Plenty of room for grandchildren and motorcycles. Reasonable gas mileage for such a large, comfortable vehicle. No complaints here.

Overall a great truck
By Eric1565 on 01/23/06 13:11 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my truck for 5 years now, and had relatively no problems. Oil change every 3-5k and been through one set of tires (40K, Generals stink!) and now getting ready to buy another set of tires @80K). Performance, well it's a 6 cylinder with a 5 speed, so it is not too bad. Plenty of power for around town driving, have not done much towing of heavy stuff. Had to have the tires aligned at 80K ... not bad. The interior is designed VERY WELL. It is very comfortable, layout is very good. Overall a great truck.

Electrical problems
By patrick richardson on 10/04/05 11:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Although I drive this truck a lot, 1,000 miles per week, it has always been serviced by the selling dealer according to schedule. Major problems. Transmission replaced before 1,000 miles. Differential wore out by 150,000 miles. Constant electrical problems and total incompetence by dealer and Ford, caused replacement of all engine sensors, vehicle computer, parts of the wiring harness and finally replacement of every wiring harness in the truck to correct problem of truck engine constantly shutting down during driving. Internal odometer lights still turn off and on at will. Electrical problems ran from 130,000 to 180,000 while they played with it.

Better Than Any Truck On The Road
By Kyle on 07/01/05 02:28 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just turned 19, and my mom and dad bought me this truck 4 months ago after I flipped and totaled my '02 4-door Ranger Edge Plus. My mom has a 4.6, and I wasn't expecting my 5.4 to have that much more power. I was wrong. It is listed as having 260 HP, but I believe it has more. I have had some truck experts I know that say it pushes almost 300. The gas mileage is low, but considering the size of the engine, it is rather good. It gets much better mileage than my girlfriend's Avalanche. The body style is great, interior is also very stylish (do not get the leather, as it tears easier), no need for 4WD (I didn't need it, and I get through mud holes fine), it is a great, comfortable ride.

F150 Supercrew
By john coward on 12/20/04 11:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Pretty much trouble free since new. Check engine light came on at about 10,000 miles and was repaired promptly. Needed front brakes at 25, 000 miles. Goodyear tires have poor wet traction.

Near bullet proof F150
By smileywm on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my F150 Supercrew for 3 years. Other than one "Service Bulletin" on the transmission, and a timing issue, it has been trouble- free. I would highly recommend this truck on the used market for reasonably priced, utilitarian transportation.

Nice Truck, but needs improvements
By DataDude on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Over all, it has been a dependable vehicle that lives up to the Ford name and image. The interior is super comfortable for the driver and all passengers, front and back. The four doors is a nice advantage over king cabs and standard pickups. The four doors are easier to load passengers then the king cab, and you have storage from the eliments for packages in the back seat, that are not left outside the cab to be stolen or rained on.

truck
By calislacker105 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

i am disappointed with the leather seat that are cracking and pealing..i feel if you just purchased a vehicle within the first year the dealer should repair a pealing leather driver seat..

2001 F-150 Super Crew
By Rick Henne on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

After driving this model, I will never own a car for daily driving again. I will also never consider another brand. It was comfortable from the first test drive, no need to get used to driving, even with being higher in the air than I was used too. It has been an all around pleasure to drive.

Great truck except the shake and rattle
By toursound on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this 4x4 Super Crew for 3+ years, it's been extremely reliable, mileage is as expected, Comfort is great for a pickup, but the interior has started rattling! In like 3 places! The truck also shakes at highway speed.