Used 2001 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck
By RKMason

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck used 1.5 years old w/22k mi. Now at 83k mi. Got 4WD for use launching and retrieving a boat, but found I rarely need to engage 4WD. With the 5.4 L V8 the truck is a great tow vehicle for a 4500 lb boat & trailer. We use the CrewCab as our primary vehicle carrying more than 2 people. The Lariat model interior makes travel very comfortable. Reliability has been good; IAC valve began to stick last winter and I have paint peeling off of some of the plastic dashboard panels. Gas mileage could be better but overall it's been a great vehicle for us.

Towing capability. Lariat CrewCab interior.

Gas mileage. Interior plastic painting. AC seems marginal in summertime Texas.

First Pickup
By Eric Novak

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. It tows our ski boat like a champ and has always run well for us. Has interior like a large car and bed for the weekend building projects and yard work. We have Lariat with heated seats, moon roof, leather, etc. Still looks brand new with good care. Have gone through 2 sets of tire and brakes with 112,000 miles...which I feel is good and fair. Change oil/filter every 5000 miles, air filter etc. I just had the plugs replaced at 110,000 miles at dealer and although it did not run rough...it runs smooth like new again. Have had transmission fluids changed as manual says and no problems. It is a great truck period.

Style, 4x4 height is perfect from factory, moon roof and interior with 6 perfectly placed cup holders, power when towing is available, but mileage can be good it light on the pedal. 20+ mpg.

Rear window seal needed to be replaced after 3 years of ownership...too soon in my book at $300. Make oil, filter, plugs (wearable parts) easy to change for the consumer; this should be a note to all manufacturers.

Happy & Satisfied with vehicle
By Jim

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to tow a twenty-five foot travel trailer. I pulled it for five years over the Blueridge mountain range, six thousand foot elevation. I now have a twenty-eight foot fifth wheel travel trailer. I use a Super Glider fifth wheel to tow with. I was concerned that its extra weight might be to much but has done a fine job so far. I am within the GVCR for towing but this has not been a problem. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE AUTOMATIC LOCKING OF THE DOOR LOCKS. They most always close except the right front passenger side. I have not asked for assistance for the problem and my vehicle will be six years old in May. I have completed every scheduled maintenance check on this vehicle.

Automatic door locks for this model.

This has been a great truck!
By ronjenson

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a problematic 1999 Silverado. It drives great and holds the road well. Turning radius is tight. The 5.4 Triton has more than adequate power to pull a 30' travel trailer. The captains chairs are very comfortable and we like the lumbar supports and adjustable pedals since I am tall and my wife is short. The truck has been relatively trouble-free. In over four years I have only made three repairs outside normal maintenance. This included replacing a rear axle bearing, replacing the IAC valve, and replacing a rear rotor (warped due to heat generated by failing axle bearing). In all these repairs cost me about $400 total. Not bad for four years. I would buy another .

Crew cab! Exterior design. Locking tailgate. Power and smoothness of Triton engine. Dependability and build quality (it has yet to develop a single rattle or squeak). Near perfect paint job.

Styling is much improved on new models. My only complaint is the fuel economy. 15 mpg tops. The Silverado at least got 17, but it was a dog. So I guess it's a trade off.

Great Truck
By Steve

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 56K miles on it in July 2002. It looks good doing everything a full size truck should do. It hauls, pulls and rides as good as anything I've ever owned. It's great on long trips and gets decent gas mileage for a full size package. I added an A.R.E. camper shell to make camping trips more enjoyable (I take a lot of scouting trips with my son and his friends). My truck now has over 90K miles on it and the only problem I'm having is my digital odometer doesn't come on until the truck is warmed up (though it still continues to track mileage). Great truck!

Four full doors & back seat, bed extender, adjustable pedals. Comfortable (leather) seats. Sunroof, RDS radio

None.