2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By RKMason on 09/05/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck used 1.5 years old w/22k mi. Now at 83k mi. Got 4WD for use launching and retrieving a boat, but found I rarely need to engage 4WD. With the 5.4 L V8 the truck is a great tow vehicle for a 4500 lb boat & trailer. We use the CrewCab as our primary vehicle carrying more than 2 people. The Lariat model interior makes travel very comfortable. Reliability has been good; IAC valve began to stick last winter and I have paint peeling off of some of the plastic dashboard panels. Gas mileage could be better but overall it's been a great vehicle for us.

First Pickup
By Eric Novak on 08/24/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck almost 5 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. It tows our ski boat like a champ and has always run well for us. Has interior like a large car and bed for the weekend building projects and yard work. We have Lariat with heated seats, moon roof, leather, etc. Still looks brand new with good care. Have gone through 2 sets of tire and brakes with 112,000 miles...which I feel is good and fair. Change oil/filter every 5000 miles, air filter etc. I just had the plugs replaced at 110,000 miles at dealer and although it did not run rough...it runs smooth like new again. Have had transmission fluids changed as manual says and no problems. It is a great truck period.

Happy & Satisfied with vehicle
By Jim on 01/31/06 13:15 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle to tow a twenty-five foot travel trailer. I pulled it for five years over the Blueridge mountain range, six thousand foot elevation. I now have a twenty-eight foot fifth wheel travel trailer. I use a Super Glider fifth wheel to tow with. I was concerned that its extra weight might be to much but has done a fine job so far. I am within the GVCR for towing but this has not been a problem. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE AUTOMATIC LOCKING OF THE DOOR LOCKS. They most always close except the right front passenger side. I have not asked for assistance for the problem and my vehicle will be six years old in May. I have completed every scheduled maintenance check on this vehicle.

This has been a great truck!
By ronjenson on 01/25/06 21:02 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck replaced a problematic 1999 Silverado. It drives great and holds the road well. Turning radius is tight. The 5.4 Triton has more than adequate power to pull a 30' travel trailer. The captains chairs are very comfortable and we like the lumbar supports and adjustable pedals since I am tall and my wife is short. The truck has been relatively trouble-free. In over four years I have only made three repairs outside normal maintenance. This included replacing a rear axle bearing, replacing the IAC valve, and replacing a rear rotor (warped due to heat generated by failing axle bearing). In all these repairs cost me about $400 total. Not bad for four years. I would buy another .

Great Truck
By Steve on 11/18/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used with 56K miles on it in July 2002. It looks good doing everything a full size truck should do. It hauls, pulls and rides as good as anything I've ever owned. It's great on long trips and gets decent gas mileage for a full size package. I added an A.R.E. camper shell to make camping trips more enjoyable (I take a lot of scouting trips with my son and his friends). My truck now has over 90K miles on it and the only problem I'm having is my digital odometer doesn't come on until the truck is warmed up (though it still continues to track mileage). Great truck!

SuperCrew Lariat
By fastlane on 11/10/05 18:13 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used and loaded with every option except power sliding rear window. Quality seems pretty good with the exception of the COP system. I have replaced every coil on the truck and it keeps burning them out. $400 repair at the dealer minimum and this was for 1 coil. Truck has 8. All in all I have been fairly happy with the truck but I wish I would have waited until I found a Dodge Ram Quad Cab with similar options.

Great Truck
By Steve on 06/28/05 09:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for two years and it does everything a full size truck should do, and does it well. It tows my camper, it's great on family trips, and you never have to worry about throwing whatever in the back. The bed extender really helps for those longer items. It's also very comfortable and easy to drive.

Love it
By Greg on 03/12/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new and got the 4 wheel drive because I got stuck pulling my boat in my old truck (Mazda/Ranger) just before i was trading. I've tried to get stuck but can't, so never used the 4 wheel drive. I love the truck and will replace it with the same -- just new.

It is nice
By Ford on 12/12/04 09:28 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I average 19 mpg with a 231 hp motor in a Supercrew truck. Other makes don't come close. It is very stylish and is extemely comfortable. I'm able to use it to transport people or make a run to the dump. Still have a lot of tread after 50,000 miles. Great truck!

Why did they change it?
By JCW on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Just an all around great vehicle. I have owned both Dodge and Chevy trucks before, and this is my favorite. It has been extremely reliable. I have only had routine service done, oil changes, filters, etc. in over 80,000 of driving. The greatest testimony is that my 15 year old son hopes I still have it when he is driving and ready to have his own vehicle. I probably will, I don't ever see myself getting rid of it.