Used 2001 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

SuperCrew Spoils You
By predmon

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Ford F150 Lariat with 5.4 that I bought in 2007 after my second son was born. This truck has a very comfortable ride with a great features such as the 6 disc CD player, leather seats. This truck allows me to put all 3 of my boys and their stuff in the cab along with tools and go to the farm. I fed cows daily out this truck during the 2010 winter with lots of mud never got stuck but sticky clay mud is very hard to clean up, I'm still getting mud out from under this truck 2 years later.

I love the electronic 4 wheel drive switch, I always had manual hubs and a lever. I love how smooth the truck rides both on and off road. The seats are great and have held up very well, only one small tear in the drivers seat. I love the SuperCrew Option most of all and can't imagine owning a truck that is not a Crewcab now, it can serve as work truck and haul or tow or you can wash it up and take the family out on the town, vacation or to church. I can't say enough about! Ford really knows what customers want, mine was one of the first SuperCrews made and now everybody makes one. I will be buying another one, oneday, since it is not my main vehicle now, I do a lot of commuting now.

Remove the plastic running boards these caused my truck to rust out along the rocker panel if that wasn't bad enough they don't sell replacement rocker panels for SuperCrews. I would like a little longer bed the 5.5 is to short, I have busted two rear windows hauling a 4 wheeler and as the body of the truck flexed the 4 wheeler came forward and busted out the rear window, the other time was a front tractor tire. Next truck will have a headache rack. Figure out how to make an engine that does consume 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles; that is within Ford Specs for this engine. I have owned many vehicles and never had this issue. The truck only has 170K and have had this problem since about 150K

HOG Wild
By Harley Fan

Everything I expected and more. The
lowered supspension provides an
excellent ride yet still has decent
hauling capacity. The truck is fun to
drive and has all of the creature
feature found in upsacle sedans.
I am very impressed with the quality of
construction, fit and finish. 28
months and no problems. This is one
vehicle I plan to keep for a long time.

Harley package, performance supension, interior room and style, 20" wheels and very smooth transmission.

Wished I waited for the supercharged version...but that thought passes everytime I fill up the gas tank.

this is the one
By truker-lover

I wasnt a big pick up truck fan but
when purchased this I dont think Ill
ever go back to a normal truck. If your
reading this and have never drove one
you will not be able to understand
until you get in this thiong and
actually feel the power and smoothness.

exuast sytem (sounds badass) seats and all the harley symbols

A Home Run
By Earl

Ford did a Great job w/this one!
Design, comfort and Fun! It's a shame a
dealer can't take care of a Nice Ride
when you trust them to do so. Two trips
to dealer (To take care of their
carelessness) 21 days total.

The Whole Package!

MORE POWER!

Harley Heaven
By BadRon

This will be my third F150 and Ford
finally got it right this time! The
Harley F150 Crew Cab is a great
looking truck and truly fun to drive.
My wife keeps trying to steal it. The
only draw back is when you go out for
a drive you end up attracting a crowd.

The Harley options on the truck plus that great sounding exhaust.

Beef up the transmission to go with the motor.