2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
SuperCrew Spoils You
By predmon on 07/17/12 20:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Ford F150 Lariat with 5.4 that I bought in 2007 after my second son was born. This truck has a very comfortable ride with a great features such as the 6 disc CD player, leather seats. This truck allows me to put all 3 of my boys and their stuff in the cab along with tools and go to the farm. I fed cows daily out this truck during the 2010 winter with lots of mud never got stuck but sticky clay mud is very hard to clean up, I'm still getting mud out from under this truck 2 years later.

2001 F-150 XLT SCrew, 4x4, AT, 5.4 Triton.
By norsechild76 on 06/16/12 01:38 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in 2011 with 185K on the odometer. It needed shocks and tires, also went through and did brakes, fluids and rebuilt the front end with Moog parts. Very happy with the truck and paid $5k for it. I expect to get 250K out of this truck without any issues. Front seat pad needs replaced, but that is expected.

Great Truck
By RKMason on 09/05/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck used 1.5 years old w/22k mi. Now at 83k mi. Got 4WD for use launching and retrieving a boat, but found I rarely need to engage 4WD. With the 5.4 L V8 the truck is a great tow vehicle for a 4500 lb boat & trailer. We use the CrewCab as our primary vehicle carrying more than 2 people. The Lariat model interior makes travel very comfortable. Reliability has been good; IAC valve began to stick last winter and I have paint peeling off of some of the plastic dashboard panels. Gas mileage could be better but overall it's been a great vehicle for us.

not bad but could do better
By motogirl on 03/16/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to haul the bikes, camping and some off roading (after owning a Jeep Wrangler a truck cant off road) I was looking for a Tacoma or Titan, my friends dad owned a lot and got me a great deal on this F150. i haven't had to major of issues but every time i give it a good wash a spark plug blows, then every time i get the front brakes done a bolt backs out when I'm in motion thank god its a quick catch and nothing bad has truly happened while i have been driving. the gas mileage is ridiculously horrible I'm lucky to get 10 miles to the gallon. The stereo volume will go up when you turn it down and down when you turn it up.

Still satisfied after all these years
By atwowheelguy on 11/03/09 16:33 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought new. New transmission at 160,000 miles. 174,000 miles on it now. Front brakes twice and rear brakes once. One electric window motor replaced. Throttle body cleaned twice. Uses a quart of oil every 4,000 miles. Original alternator and water pump still going strong. Interior looks good except for the rubber cover on the brake pedal. No rust. Exterior looks good except the normal parking lot dings after 8 years. Plenty of room for grandchildren and motorcycles. Reasonable gas mileage for such a large, comfortable vehicle. No complaints here.

Great Truck
By Terry on 07/04/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We've had this truck over 2 years and it's a great truck. The 5.4 has plenty of power, we pull a 34 ft. camper with it, use it to haul my cars home on a car trailer when they break down, pull our boat, and we use it for hauling everything. The wife likes the adjustable peddles, the captain chairs are very comfortable. It now has 144,000 miles on it and I have no doubt it will go another 144K. We've had no major issues with it. Also like the composite body panels as we live in the north east and they won't rust. Again good truck

Not bad if you like rust.
By sebhmb on 07/18/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck new because we had a family and needed to haul horses too. It performed great! Never any problems but at about 5 years old we noticed the doors were rusting. Since we'd purchased a lifetime rust protection warranty and had it inspected yearly we returned to the dealership who said they had no responsibility and should go to the company who made the rust inhibitor, although we purchased it through Ford. Nope, nobody claimed responsibility. At our car show we spoke with Ford reps and that got some action but they all claimed that after 5 years, they had no responsibility...although the truck only had 45,000 miles and was kept inside - always!

Great Vehicle
By Chris on 01/05/08 15:53 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the pleasure of owning this vehicle for the past two years and have enjoyed every moment. On top of its performance and reliability I am constantly getting complements on it. Its a great truck and would recommend it to anyone comfortable driving this big of a truck.

Can't hardly complain
By Cameron on 10/01/07 12:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great I have already put over 35000 miles on, and the truck still drives great, at 106k miles. I did replace some coils and an alternator, but for an 8 year old truck, that isn't too bad! The interior is super comfortable, spacious and road noise is very quiet. I have also pulled some heavy loads - I can say the power is still there. I pulled a loaded 7'X12' Trailer, and the only reason I slowed down was to be safe going around corners. The truck is solid on the road, absolutely not squirrelly like other brands I have driven. I hauled grass with my brother in law who drives a Tundra. When we were done, he said he'd never do that to his truck again. Not the case here!

Excellent!! A+ for Ford
By David on 06/17/07 19:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has been great ever since we bought it new. We didn't buy it for gas mileage. We needed the interior room plus hauling. We looked at Chevy crewcabs and the Ford was less expensive. It drives great and is comfortable on long trips. That's why it has so many miles on it, 102,873. It has been to 9 states for vacations or just weekend trips. I used it last year to pull 6 bushes out of the ground. We have two kids now and they love the truck too. Even with gas like it is we drive the truck more because our car is'nt big enough for all our stuff. No major problems. We had one spark plug coil go out. Regular maintenance and still runs great. Overall good experience.