Used 2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By RDM

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

2001 4x4 5.4L purchased in 2001, traded in 2015 for new F-150. Never any problems. Normal repairs - brakes, battery...didn't need front axles until 2014. And that was with a 3" level kit. 14 years of perfection. I hope my 2015 F-150 does as well. That truck will problem give someone another 10 good years. A mechanic at the dealership where I
traded it in actually purchased it.

SuperCrew Spoils You
By predmon

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Harley-Davidson 2WD Styleside SB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Ford F150 Lariat with 5.4 that I bought in 2007 after my second son was born. This truck has a very comfortable ride with a great features such as the 6 disc CD player, leather seats. This truck allows me to put all 3 of my boys and their stuff in the cab along with tools and go to the farm. I fed cows daily out this truck during the 2010 winter with lots of mud never got stuck but sticky clay mud is very hard to clean up, I'm still getting mud out from under this truck 2 years later.

I love the electronic 4 wheel drive switch, I always had manual hubs and a lever. I love how smooth the truck rides both on and off road. The seats are great and have held up very well, only one small tear in the drivers seat. I love the SuperCrew Option most of all and can't imagine owning a truck that is not a Crewcab now, it can serve as work truck and haul or tow or you can wash it up and take the family out on the town, vacation or to church. I can't say enough about! Ford really knows what customers want, mine was one of the first SuperCrews made and now everybody makes one. I will be buying another one, oneday, since it is not my main vehicle now, I do a lot of commuting now.

Remove the plastic running boards these caused my truck to rust out along the rocker panel if that wasn't bad enough they don't sell replacement rocker panels for SuperCrews. I would like a little longer bed the 5.5 is to short, I have busted two rear windows hauling a 4 wheeler and as the body of the truck flexed the 4 wheeler came forward and busted out the rear window, the other time was a front tractor tire. Next truck will have a headache rack. Figure out how to make an engine that does consume 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles; that is within Ford Specs for this engine. I have owned many vehicles and never had this issue. The truck only has 170K and have had this problem since about 150K

2001 F-150 XLT SCrew, 4x4, AT, 5.4 Triton.
By norsechild76

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew XLT 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in 2011 with 185K on the odometer. It needed shocks and tires, also went through and did brakes, fluids and rebuilt the front end with Moog parts. Very happy with the truck and paid $5k for it. I expect to get 250K out of this truck without any issues. Front seat pad needs replaced, but that is expected.

Sunroof, captains chairs, full-size rear door and power outlet in rear.

Great Truck
By RKMason

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 2WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck used 1.5 years old w/22k mi. Now at 83k mi. Got 4WD for use launching and retrieving a boat, but found I rarely need to engage 4WD. With the 5.4 L V8 the truck is a great tow vehicle for a 4500 lb boat & trailer. We use the CrewCab as our primary vehicle carrying more than 2 people. The Lariat model interior makes travel very comfortable. Reliability has been good; IAC valve began to stick last winter and I have paint peeling off of some of the plastic dashboard panels. Gas mileage could be better but overall it's been a great vehicle for us.

Towing capability. Lariat CrewCab interior.

Gas mileage. Interior plastic painting. AC seems marginal in summertime Texas.

not bad but could do better
By motogirl

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4dr SuperCrew Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to haul the bikes, camping and some off roading (after owning a Jeep Wrangler a truck cant off road) I was looking for a Tacoma or Titan, my friends dad owned a lot and got me a great deal on this F150. i haven't had to major of issues but every time i give it a good wash a spark plug blows, then every time i get the front brakes done a bolt backs out when I'm in motion thank god its a quick catch and nothing bad has truly happened while i have been driving. the gas mileage is ridiculously horrible I'm lucky to get 10 miles to the gallon. The stereo volume will go up when you turn it down and down when you turn it up.

i love that it is a big truck and i can easily put 2 motorcycles in the bed, the comfort on long road trips

motor, fuel, sound systems