2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Excellent Truck
By norcalcountry on 08/07/14 16:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my truck. Bought at 100k miles in 2007 and now has 224k on odometer but closer to 230k miles since I have had over sized tires since purchased. Only had one problem, the master window switch went out, other than that just basic maintenance items. Motor and tranny are original (5.4L V8 & 4 Speed Auto). It's seen a lot of dirt and towing miles and she has performed flawlessly. It's comfortable to drive for long trips. If you keep up the basic maintenance, it'll keep you on the road. Couldn't ask for a better truck!

99 F150 4x4 Lariat
By meyeste on 04/03/12 12:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Flareside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my '99 F150 5.4l used with 48k. I have had it in the shop 2x - bad coil and a bad idler sensor. It now has 130 k miles and I am still pleased. What I like most is that it is comfortable to drive, and drives well. I also like the drive mode selector on the dash, it goes from 4x2 to 4x4 immediately; it's saved me in mid-fish tail a couple of times. Also whether 4x4 low or 4x4 high, when engaged in the front axle is locked in; both wheels are turning all the time, I've seen enough to know GM uses an open front axle by default in 4x4 high; good for driving on wet roads, bad for poor traction situations. I'll get another one when this one needs replacing.

Good Truck, but could be better
By doggybag on 01/05/12 21:45 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 2WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle since new in 2001 and, while I love my truck and only have about 85K, there are a few things that have gone wrong with it that, in my opinion, should not have. I do not use this vehicle commercially, have always well maintained it and condider myself to "baby" it. I have gone through two transmissions, two exhaust manifolds (both sides), a fuel pump, a coilover, and a recall for rusty gas tank straps. I find the undercarriage to have more rust that my two older Toyotas and the hinge on the tail gate has failed. When there is just a little frost on the truck, the power windows fail to operate and get stuck in the closed position. Long wheelbase equals a smooth ride

Built Ford tough!
By Brandon on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I recently bought this FORD F150 with 224,000 miles on it. The engine, transmission, interior, and exterior are all original. No problems with engine or transmission at all. I am amazed that after now 226,000 miles, she's still running strong. The inside is well laid out. Love my captain chairs, sunroof, leather seats, and the view from up in there. I currently have a 3 inch lift on it and I have literally gotten a compliment from EVERYONE I have shown it to. That's not an overstatement. This truck is darn good looking. The paint has a few scratches and is gone in a couple places. The drive train and everything else is working solid. They aren't kidding when they say Ford TOUGH!

Ford Makes the Best Trucks
By Akgirlie on 04/26/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck after my 00' Chevy Silverado just kept giving me problem after problem! I had an F-150 before, and it didn't take me a year to trade it in for this one. I live in Alaska, and I need my 4x4. I love how reliable it is, even hitting 9 years old. I've had yet to have an engine or transmission problem on either of the ones I've owned. (this one has 107k, my old one had over 165k) I love how the bed is heavy enough that I never bother to put weight in the bed and I feel completely in control in blizzards and bad street conditions. Built Ford Tough is absolutley the truth!

Keeps on going
By nick on 04/24/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 54000 miles on it. It has severed me well. It has 178000 on it now. The trany went at 101000. After 75000 you should keep a extra ignition coil in the garage, you will need it. The 4x4 is amazing, I have never been stuck anywhere,and I go off road alot. She hauls an amazing amount of weight. I was looking to replace her,but I will hold on until the last heart beat.She's just that good.Change the oil every 3000 and trany 30000 and she'll treat you right.5.4L rocks, I can get 18 mph if I drive normal. It usually gets 16 mph.

Great Truck
By Doug Mc on 04/11/10 07:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd new Ford F150 I have owned. The first was a 1990 model and I drove it for 11 years and it had 200,000 miles on it when I traded it in. I have had this one for almost 9 years now and its up to 180,000 miles and still running great. It has had normal maintenance plus a couple of little hiccups along the way, but overall a great truck and fun to drive. I have the V6 model and since I don't do any heavy towing, it is fine and the acceleration is great. I love sitting up high and seeing the road.

A good friend
By Bruce on 08/21/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab XL 4WD Styleside LB (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has been so reliable and great looking I hate to trade it in for another one. The radio has a rich sound, I just put the 3rd set of tires on it at 110,000 miles. I have not done any suspension work except shocks. I have used synthetic oil every 6,000 miles and have never had to add any oil between changes. It's a good friend

Ford tough
By Marjoh on 06/20/09 02:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

187k miles(!). Smokin deal for babied truck I couldn't pass up. Steering, tranny, engine, brakes = superb. I researched trucks for wks. 2001 F150 is SOLID with awesome reliability. I drove many Chevys and none of them felt as robust as the F150. This is an incredibly well built truck with outstanding ext paint quality, plenty of muscle, & smooth ride. With flowmaster exhaust it roars like a lion. Handling is outstanding for a 9 year old truck. Power steering is perfect touch and feel. Adjustable pedals, compass, outside temp, pwr everything, big center console, incredible leg room in back, etc are all just sauce on a juicy slab of grade A beef. Truly Ford hit a homerun with this model yr

Good, dependable light truck
By HerbInMN on 07/10/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 SuperCab 4dr SuperCab Lariat 4WD Styleside SB (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our F-150 has been a very good pickup and has been very reliable. It has only required one non-wear item repair and that was a burnt out spark plug coil. Otherwise it has been bulletproof. It has a 3.55 rear differential so it gets OK mileage (14/16). The 5.4 engine and drive train is very strong and it can pull much more than one would one expect. Snowmobiles, 20 ft boat, 38 ft rv trailer, bobcat on a flatbed, no problem. Just add electronic break controls, turn off the overdrive, and you're good to go. Its a great trip mobile too, but the gas bill gets a little high on long trips.

1 2 3 4 5 next »