Used 2001 Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Built Ford tough is not just a slogan
By monday75

2001 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have over 220,000 miles on it and it just keeps on going strong. Minimal maintenance costs. Well built truck. Replaced the clutch and slave cylinder, brake pads and tires. Thats it. Awesome truck.

Good basic truck
By jrm

2001 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

120k miles, only minor problems. Have replaced the clutch and a set of tires (original brake pads still going strong!). Mazda 5-speed is not a smooth shifter but has been a solid gearbox. V6 is noisy and doesn't have a lot of power but seems to be a solid little engine, no issues with it at all in 7 years/120k miles. Did have a lean condition due to upper intake gaskets, but that was easily fixed in an afternoon with $60 of parts.

Brakes, gas mileage (16-17 city, 18-19 highway); may sound like crappy mileage but that is real life mileage (with 3.55 gears even) and is damn good for a full size. Interior is excellent - yep it's hard plastic but it all fits right and dosen't squeak and it's tough.

Crappy plastic clutch hydraulics - release point always changes and had the slave spring a leak which left me on the side of the road. Ride can be harsh when unloaded but nothing compared to my LS1 Camaro. Rides like a Cadillac with a full load.

Meag's Review
By Meagan FOntenot

2001 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

It's great.FUNNNNN!!!!!!!!Fun to drive and ride in.Love to show off in it.I rides awesome wicked.

Looks Driving Abitlity

gas mileage

2001 Red Sport
By TXtruckman

2001 Ford F-150 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab XL 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This truck rocks! I was shocked at the deal I received; it was definitely worth the purchase price. I have not have any problems w/ the truck and I have ~70K miles on it. The dealer service is great and the maintenance costs are very reasonable. This truck has very good build quality and has very good performance. I would highly recommend this truck to anyone.

Good performance, great reliablity, heavy duty interior, freezzzzzing a/c on hot summer days.

Some plastics look a little cheap, improved gas mileage maybe a diesel option throughout the entire model line?