2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford Makes the Best Trucks
By Akgirlie on 04/26/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck after my 00' Chevy Silverado just kept giving me problem after problem! I had an F-150 before, and it didn't take me a year to trade it in for this one. I live in Alaska, and I need my 4x4. I love how reliable it is, even hitting 9 years old. I've had yet to have an engine or transmission problem on either of the ones I've owned. (this one has 107k, my old one had over 165k) I love how the bed is heavy enough that I never bother to put weight in the bed and I feel completely in control in blizzards and bad street conditions. Built Ford Tough is absolutley the truth!

Keeps on going
By nick on 04/24/10 06:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 54000 miles on it. It has severed me well. It has 178000 on it now. The trany went at 101000. After 75000 you should keep a extra ignition coil in the garage, you will need it. The 4x4 is amazing, I have never been stuck anywhere,and I go off road alot. She hauls an amazing amount of weight. I was looking to replace her,but I will hold on until the last heart beat.She's just that good.Change the oil every 3000 and trany 30000 and she'll treat you right.5.4L rocks, I can get 18 mph if I drive normal. It usually gets 16 mph.

Good old truck
By ray on 04/14/08 09:48 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 2nd F150 I have owned. This truck has been very good to me. The only problem was the recall on the crusie control. The truck has pulled my fifth wheel ever since I bought it. It pulls it very good. The last truck I had a 96 f150 was also very good to me. I also pulled with that one from day one. No prblems after 145,000 miles when I traded for this one. This truck is a lot better than my 2000 Chevy S10 I have. Piace of junk that one. I would tell anyone to buy a new F150 if they got a chance.

Been Good to me
By Sean on 11/04/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I must admit, this truck has been nothing short of bulletproof. I've got 96,000 on it, and it's been to the dealer once for a broken mounting stud on the rear cab glass. I attribute this to my maintenance and the fact I got a good one this time. You must change the tranny fluid on these trucks, it's a must. I've also found the Triton V8s like full synthetic oil. I also recommend getting one with the factory tow package, you get an auxiliary trans and oil cooler. All in all, a great truck with a good ride. I've also made some aftermarket improvements- 4" lift kit, shift kit, and new intake.

Great Truck!
By Scott on 08/17/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I love my F-150! It looks good, sits high, and runs great. I get 18-20 MPG on the HWY with the 6, but with gas rising I can't afford it anymore. Everything about this truck is great!

Don't buy Ford
By Ron King on 01/02/05 17:32 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

15 visits to dealer for repair in 3 years. Transmission thud with 2-1 downshift, replaced rear end, still whines, bad seals and compressor in air conditioner, bad sparkplug coil, drivers seat problems. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Traded for a Honda Pilot. Glad to be rid of it. Don't buy a Ford unless you want to get to know the service department personnel really well.

Comfortable gas hog, poor transmission
By Lewis Allen on 12/05/04 15:02 PM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Sturdy construction, good paint, terrific ride, nice visiblity, very poor gas mileage - probably due to the overdrive transmission which tends to "lockup" at about 45mph. It'll stutter and sputter until it gets up to 55ish. Lousy sound system. This truck really cruises the interstates though and is comfortable to drive. Air conditioner is pooping out (freon leaking?).

1st Truck -- Great investment
By newbief150 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Great truck. I added high rise top to bed, spray in bed liner, and stainless steel nerf bars. Great addition to a great truck. Overall can not complain. I did have a problem with the A/C when I purchased it, but the dealer fixed it. No other problems. Would recommend and buy again.

Better than expected
By overkill on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Good truck. Milage is decent for size & weight (5.4L 14 City 19 Hwy SEE BELOW). Very comfy cab, could use more room in the back seat. 30K mi no rattles yet. AC rocks! Handling is good for what it is as well. Build quality is good, but dash and some ext trim looks cheap. Nothing has broke or quit yet, and it just went through UT winter.

Excellent!
By KARGAAN on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I think this truck is excellent!