2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Big Positive Surprises for Me
By MustangGT on 04/14/08 18:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

XLT short box. It just keeps on running. Now past 120,000 miles and I started with 12,000 so I got my money's worth. One set of tires, another coming up soon, 3 batteries, one super set of brakes, better check on them again too. But that's it, in 108,000 miles except for the 30 oil changes. 17 mpg with the a/c running. 19 mpg driving real nice without the a/c. Great truck that just keeps surprising me overall with reliability. Had one ton in the bed once, the nose was up, but I made it the 12 miles needed. If there is a bad point, I don't like it in the rain. It's a squirrel. As long as its dry, this truck has surpassed my expectations.

2001 Sport
By Mike on 05/28/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Bought brand new when I started college. Never had a problem with the truck, can't say the same about college. I still drive it everyday to and from work; it still feels and has the reliability it did when it was brand new. Can't wait to pay off my student loans so I can buy a new one.

V6 XLT Sport
By Mike on 05/05/05 03:59 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

Car has been very reliable and fun to drive. The only problem I ever had was the seat belt retract system on the driver side. Would like to see more power out of the V6 in the future.

XLT Sport
By Chiper on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab XLT 2WD Styleside SB (4.2L 6cyl 5M)

I have only had my truck for a month now, but I really love it. The first week I had it I drove it to the coast (5 hour drive) and it was a blast. I love the 4.6 liter V-8 Not a monster motor, but it does what I need it to, plus it sounds good.