2001 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
What every speed demon should own!
By Ford Mike on 12/25/08 01:05 AM (PST)

2001 Ford F-150 2dr Regular Cab SVT Lightning 2WD Flareside SB (5.4L 8cyl S/C 4A)

I got my black 01 L about a month ago and I am truly proud of what sits in my drive way. There's nothing else I would take over it, not even a Ferrari because the truck is that good. The speed is very fast and responsive the handing is the same as you would get from a sports car and the comfort from the bucket seats is by far the best I had. Words can't describe how amazing this masterpiece of a truck is. You would have to drive one to see for yourself. The only down side would have to be the winter, it may be a truck but it's got a sports car soul so let's just say the L will play not well with the snow and the gas mileage may be a little hard on your wallet but with 380hp I'm sure you understand.

I love this truck
By hot_temprd on 11/13/07 10:06 AM (PST)

I purchased my Lightning about a month ago, trading in my 03 Mustang GT. Needless to say I love this truck. It hauls all necessary cargo and really moves. The poor little import guys around town have no idea what to do when I pull up next to them at a redlight or when I close a 5 or 6 car length gap when the fly past me like I'm standing still. My only gripe is the fuel mileage with the price of premium well above 3 dollars a gallon. Other than that, its a great ride. It hugs the curves just as well as it handles the straights. Overall, Ford has a winner with this truck and they need to build a 3rd Gen ASAP.

wanna race?
By 01 Lightning man on 12/17/06 17:19 PM (PST)

My truck is GREAT! I could not have bought a better pick up. It is my dream truck, since I was 16, and now I have one. It's amazing the looks you will get when you are driving a shiny, black Ford Lightning SVT, with chrome wheels, bed cover, cowl induction hood, Bassani exhaust, and an extra 30 horse power to the already 390 stock. WHEW, what a truck!

Black Thunder
By BlackThunder on 03/13/05 07:42 AM (PST)

Fast stock truck and easy to install add-ons to enhance performance. Also eye appeal when I drive my Lightning.

Fun
By JayL on 03/08/05 08:28 AM (PST)

Fun to drive, even better to mod...

Best truck you can buy
By Learn2Swim on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

It can haul ass and a boat too. It's fast and practical, what more could you want?

love my truck
By parker88x on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

the power and ride are awesome. I've driven Ford truck before and it is totally different. An old guy saw me and said "don't know what it is but it sure looks impressive". :) Can't wait for the next generation with 500hp.

Lightning faaasssttt!!
By kwmrz on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Loved the ride home from the dealership... The Trans Am was demoralized. Truly a superior vehicle and hauls a 4X8 sheet of plywood too!

What a Ride!!
By Allpro21 on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Outstanding power and performance! A real head turner. Even doubles as a pick-up truck!!

Lightning
By Deadeye600 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Poor service with dealer's, but a great truck.