Almost a perfect fit.
By Sc00ter on
2000 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB
I have owned three trucks in my life and so far this one is the best. This truck has taken on everything I have thrown at it and has done fine. Yes, things have broken and had to be replaced but it is a machine and things break. My only gripe is the engine size. The 5.4 is a very smooth running engine, but it lacks some horse power. My previous GMC had the venerable 5.7 vortec and the older Fords had the 351 windsor/cleveland engine. All of those engines were retired before their time. If I could change any one thing it would be to have that extra power without the need for a diesel or a supercharger. Everything else has been quality built and has proven itself.
Favorite Features
Interior creature comforts including 4 doors. Exterior- standard features that would normally be add-ons. Tranny cooler/class III hitch with 7 pin wiring, cd player, electric mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
Sack the 5.4 and bring back the 351! If you need to save gas buy a prius or a bicycle. Trucks are built to haul or tow things. Saving fuel is nice, but not at the cost of utility.