Used 2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Will It Ever Wear Out
By Jerry H.

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I work for a construction company and travel all over the U.S. and average 42,000 miles per year. This truck has never left me stranded even when it had a pre-mature trasmission failture at 65K it still got me back to my home town. (I was 100 miles out) The transmission was replaced and the truck now has 301,500 miles on it and this transmission still is going strong, so I assume the 1st one was a unusual failure. The engine still runs strong but does use a quart of oil between changes, I have the oil changed every 3 to 4 K and the oil allways looks clean. I am going to keep driving it because when it is cleaned up it still looks like a new truck.

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More and better tie downs in the bed.

great overall
By alex

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

i have had my truck for a little over a year and i love it. it gets the job done and i have not had to put any money into it. i could not be any happier with it.

Favorite Features

the whole thing, i really like the comfort when driving.

Suggested Improvements

better rims on the 7700 series

Great truck, 100% satisfied with purchas
By superflyaepi

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been great to me. Zero problems mechanically, I've taken care of it myself and so far so good. I drive it 20 miles round trip to work every day, plus one or two 150 mile round trips between San Antonio and Austin per week. I also did a 3000 mile road trip with zero incidents. It's bad on fuel economy (I have the 5.4l engine, expect no better than 14 mpg) but the truck has given me no problems. Don't expect neck snapping acceleration with the 5.4l, but it does what it's supposed to. 4x4 works fine, drove in Minnesota snow and had no problems.

Favorite Features

Reliability! Also ride comfort, quieter than average road noise for a truck (but it's no Caddy). Does everything a truck should do (tow, haul stuff in the bed, etc.) The A/C is good even in TX in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

14 mpg is horrible, but you shouldn't expect much more out of a 5.4 in a truck with the aerodynamics of a bookcase. Other than that, I can't come up with a single thing to gripe about.

Great Truck
By snyderjam

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 2000. V6 5speed. It's now almost 12 yrs old and what a ride. I will have 200,000 miles on it this month and the only things that I had to have had to fix, besides routine maintenence- Fluid changes, Brakes and Tires- are the water pump and the ignition coil. The v6 with the manual tranny has plenty of power and dose great on the highway. If you need a good dependable truck, this is the one.

Favorite Features

Dependability, Cost, Comfort

Suggested Improvements

None

Everyone wants my Truck!!
By flyastinson

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The sharp design has continued to baffle people as to its age and I am often asked if I'd like to sell it. NO! It is almost to 140,000 miles and runs like a bear. While I take very good care of my vehicles, not much as been necessary with my truck other than routine care and minor repairs -- very minor! The power is excellent, driving is smooth and easy and easy to switch to 4x4. The leather seats adjust perfectly, especially on long drives. I have hauled boats, cars, and heavy closed trailers without any problem. Ford is excellent...my 1966 F100 has almost 500,000 miles on the original engine!

Favorite Features

The flare design with side step keeps it looking ageless. Can't beat the comfort of the leather adjustable seats and as always, Ford has the quickest heat or air conditioning. Easy to see out and mirrors allow easy rear views. The back seats are rather comfortable considering the size. The engine is sweet with great power and push when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Only downsize, especially in this day and age, is the gas mileage, but even still I love driving it everywhere!