2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 6

2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
4.2 under powered
By fennut on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I use this truck every day for installing fences It always gets the job done but the 4.2 V6 is under powered when truck is loaded or pulling a trailor

In need of lager Truck
By Glenn630 on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have 2 grandchildern and a Drum Set.The Dodge Dakota I had would not Hold My two Buddies. Bought This Truck and everything Just Fits. Truck Looks good , rides good and I like it.

Cycle Gal
By Cycle G on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This has been a great truck. I do not have one complaint. We have towed motorcycles to places near and far...very far, and have never had a problem.

4.2 6 cyl. not the best ford has made
By bob cracthet on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I like the truck over all. At 48k the motor blew. Spun bearing, bent rod, and bent valves. Ford put new one in and it blew the same day under their care. I have had the third one in for about 1k and no problems yet.I have had to put a new catalytic converter and the cross member on the trans.The gears need to be lower especially in 1st. But if I buy another it will be v8 and auto. Good truck, still rather have a GMC!

My Ford
By hoonf on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my 2000 F-150 XLT extended cab 4 x 4 in Nov 1999. It has been used for work, play and travel. It goes when other vehicles are setting. It is one of the best vehicles I have ever bought and I buy my fair share. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

2000 Flareside XLT 4x4
By chrisblank3463 on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I purchased this truck used and I love this truck. I love the smoth ride and the power on command. I wish it had a little more power, it seems a little under powered compared to the dodge. but it works for me. I love the stepside and i can still fit my 4wheeler in the back.

Ford Lariat 4X4
By Sportsman on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Truck handles great, with enough power from the V8 engine. confortable on long trips, and driving around town,

Ford quality
By falcon on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've only had the truck since 11/02, bought it with 18k has about 22k now and I have nothing but praise for ford! This truck runs and drives great and the v-6 has plainty of power for what I need it to do and gets the same mileage as some 4 cyl. compacts. I had a 98 x- cab 5.0 4x4 chevy before this and wish I had driven a ford before I bought it! Nothing has broke off,come apart,rattled or just not worked! Can't say that for the chevy! Also this is the best riding truck I've ever been in! An american truck with Toyota Quality

Leaks
By T Courson on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Wonderful truck. Satisfied. After 2 years of awful odor, finaly realised rear window leaks. Carpet ruined, mold, mildew everywhere. Out of warranty. Ford told me to see dealer. Problem is design and I have photo's of fasteners going through seals causing leaks. Love the truck, but after $30,000 purchase maybe it's time to look at Chevy. Or a Toyota?

Awesome 4x4
By gmcvi on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I use to have a Honda Accord which is a far cry from a 4x4. However, I purchased a Truck with the same quality and craftmanship as Honda. I could not ask for a better truck. Originally I wanted a Chevy Z-71 but once I test drove both trucks there was NO comparision! The quality and solid feel of the F150 is far superior than the Chevy.