Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

It ain't bad but not fantastic
By plaid_britches

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

It is extremely reliable and for the miles on it, it has only needed one tranny service and currently is misfiring on cylinder 7. But with the miles and how much I pulled a trailer with it, it's a nice truck and it could sit a little higher, 17 inch wheels should be changed to another size maybe 18" because of the tire prices, 18s being cheaper, engine could use some more power, but overall it is a great truck.

Favorite Features

The seats are really comfortable and everything is right where you need it to be.

Suggested Improvements

Ground clearance has been an issue, the 17 inch wheels could be 18s because of tire prices (BFG long trail T/As). Engine could use more power and fuel filter could be relocated.

Well rounded vehicle
By forkd

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is a truck with a luxury car ride. It is quiet, reliable and attractive. The engine, while not the most powerful, is quite powerful enough. I upgraded to a K&N air filter and the throttle response improved dramatically. I have changed the front brakes 4 times but that isn't too crazy. When the stock tires wore out I upgraded and the handling is incredible. The only problem I have is if the roads are icy it, like any pick up truck, has a tendency to slip and slide.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, responsive relaxing ride with great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Larger front disks/pads for longer life. I get +/- 14MPG city and <20MPG highway. 96,000 miles @ 15mpg = 6,400 gallons used. 6,400 gallons X $2.25/gallon (I'm in California) = $14,400 spent on fuel in 6 years or $2,400 per year. Larger front disks/pads for longer life.

200,000 miles later, got rear-ended
By Vic

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Wow! What a great (but plain) truck. If you need a cheap ride and don't mind the rubber floors, no cruise, no automatic -then this is your truck. Mine has nearly 200,000 miles on it and still runs perfectly! The body, however, was damaged beyond repair in a wreck three days ago. If a teenager hadn't hit me, my truck would be on the road today. I would buy my truck back if possible. It is that good! I bought it new with 15 miles on it. I did the usual maintenance, oil change at 5000 miles and fluid checks / changes when needed.

Favorite Features

Reliability, simple, tough.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

Very dependable used truck
By Bob H.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned Ford trucks for over 30 years and this one is the best. My only complaints are wind noise at highway speeds and fuel consumption. Overall it is a solidly built truck that is holding up well. 80,000 miles with no mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

Limited slip differential makes the need for engaging the 4 wheel drive less frequent. It is great in snow. The handling is superb for a truck.

Suggested Improvements

Use a different door latch system to eliminate the wind noise on extended cab models.

F150 - Dependable
By davie

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned a 2000 F-150 for over two years now. I have been very pleased with everything but the mileage. At 14 MPG, I am not thrilled with the mileage. However, the ride is tolerable for a full-size pickup, and except for oil changes and tire rotations, I have had to do no maintenance. Very dependable, but thirsty truck.