2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great truck, 100% satisfied with purchas
By superflyaepi on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been great to me. Zero problems mechanically, I've taken care of it myself and so far so good. I drive it 20 miles round trip to work every day, plus one or two 150 mile round trips between San Antonio and Austin per week. I also did a 3000 mile road trip with zero incidents. It's bad on fuel economy (I have the 5.4l engine, expect no better than 14 mpg) but the truck has given me no problems. Don't expect neck snapping acceleration with the 5.4l, but it does what it's supposed to. 4x4 works fine, drove in Minnesota snow and had no problems.

Best Vehicle Ever
By ChrisA on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Not a single problem or issue in 4 years of use.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT Ext. Cab - 2WD
By bobj824 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Power door locks failed at 37,000 miles, dealer would not do anything about this (I have since discovered that this is a very common problem). Seat belts are uncomfortable and difficult to use! Seats provide good support, but fabric is uncomfortable. Center armrest is very uncomfortable. Ride and noise is not nearly as good as my son's 2000 Dodge Ram!

New Ford F 150 4.6L v8 4x4 LB
By tntkrug on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this trck new. 4.6L engine 4x4. I love this truck. 4 years now with very minor problems. Coil pak went out at 45000 miles $200 repair. Cat. converter inside ceramic stuff broke apart and clogged muffler $100 repair at (90000 miles) thats all the problems I've had. Trck now has 97000 mi. on it. Good loking truck, inside and out. 4.6L motor is a little doggie when pulling a 3000lb boat but the gas savings makes up for it. I get around 20 mpg out on the interstate at 75mph not pulling anything. I highly recommend this truck!

all around good pickup
By Donny on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have a Lariat with the 5.4 in it and am really impressed with the pickup, but would really like to see one with a five speed, I think it would be more fun to drive. I get too bored driving an automatic. plus the performance would be a lot better with a five speed. I really like the ride and handling of the pickup and it does everything I want it to do. We are selling it because of the automatic, we would probably keep it if it had a stick.

ford trucks
By roy vexler on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Tow 7500-8000 lbs up mountains, tack 4500 all day @60mph 10 mpg towing never misses a lick, pulls hard, tows well and runs great, i do all required matience. have had some small probs.tranny is holding up fine!!!! never runs hot!!

Fun to Drive!
By ddayfxst on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Harley-Davidson 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

The truck has had no quality issues. The steering feel is good. The suspension feel is like the Lightning. Very pleased with my purchase.

Love My F150
By TazMan on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got the F150 4X4 with the Off Road package and the 5.4L V-8. It runs great. I have towed a bunch of furniture when I was moving and it did not even phase the motor or the transmission. I have even gotten over 57000 miles on the original tires. It did not even slow me down when I have gone off-roading as well. A great truck.

#3 F150
By david_us2 on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is my 3rd F150. Had an 84 (still running somewhere out there) a 95 and this one. Almost switched to a GM after the 95 but gave Ford another chance. Glad I did. Solid, strong and dependable. Little stuff like rust on the running boards (factory installed) and a minor air leake that comes and goes on a windy day. Aside form that, I tow a boat all summer long, live on a steep gravel hill, take it everywhere and anywhere. Still looks, rides and runs great. (Lariat 4x4 w Triton V8)

2000 F-150 XLT
By Gerard882 on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

F-150 is great i have this car 3 years 20k when i bought it, now 105k runs great. The only mechanical problems i had were spark plugs and wheel lug broke off, other than that nothing.interior is nicley shaped, Has power to deliver, 0-60 is good.. but can imporove. This truck will do another 80k most definitely! it won't disapoint