2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews 4

2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab SB

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
All good for 5 years
By Stance on 12/26/04 17:08 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

My truck has 130,000 miles on it. Other than oil changes and one pair of brakes, it's always good to go! It is a 5 speed, plain truck [rubber mats and an a/c], but for the buying price of $17,000, it has been a terrific truck.The same dealership still has the same truck [2004-2005 models] for that same price and I will be buying another soon. I think my son will get another 130,000 miles on my 2000 F150 before it is done!

First Ford Truck
By aeccal47 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

So far I am very happy with my ford Truck. I have been a foreign truck owner and was very reluctant to switch to the full size ford vs tondra...can't beat the incentives. Two problems, fuel tank guage and leaky differential (covered by warranty) other than that excellent. I recently go 23mpg on trip to Virginia. Great in snow with off road package 4x4 and powerful 5.4L V8.

Too little power
By GD on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was equipped with the 4.6 liter V-8. I tow a 22 foot boat which, with trailer, weighs about 4000 pounds. This truck tows poorly, with constant downshifts on the slightest grades. I was forced to sell the truck due to underpowering and a non-locking differential after it could not effectively pull the boat and trailer up boat ramps. It performed well when not towing.

no real complaints, great ride
By Jeff Randall on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

bought the work truck version with basically just a big black rubber mat under your feet, it doesn't stain, it is easy to clean and when the kids spill a coke, just wipe it up with a paper towel. I bought a v6 4.2L with 58k, I now have 73k after a year and not a single problem. Fuel mileage is not great but it IS in the same range as other trucks in its class, so no real complaint there, and the power of the 4.2L fine as long as you aren't driving a big boat or trailer, or trying to accelerate onto the interstate like Tony Stewart outta the pits. My only complaint is cab storage space on the dash or the lower door molding area, just no place to put pe

2000 F150 Work Series 7700
By mikemrk4 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle has been absolutely maintenance free except for scheduled oil changes and items listed below. Brake linings were replaced at 48,500. ABS light came on at 49,000. We'll find out what that's about in the next couple of weeks. This is the 7700 model with the 5.4 and it tows as well as a friend's new Ram 1500 Hemi. Only options I wish I'd ordered are limited slip differential and cruise control. Original Goodyear Wranglers are good for at least 5,000 more miles. Gas mileage has not improved from new, and it still averages approx. 13 mpg in town. Best ever was approx. 16.5 mpg on the highway, but it does have the 3.73 gearing.

Great truck, 100% satisfied with purchas
By superflyaepi on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been great to me. Zero problems mechanically, I've taken care of it myself and so far so good. I drive it 20 miles round trip to work every day, plus one or two 150 mile round trips between San Antonio and Austin per week. I also did a 3000 mile road trip with zero incidents. It's bad on fuel economy (I have the 5.4l engine, expect no better than 14 mpg) but the truck has given me no problems. Don't expect neck snapping acceleration with the 5.4l, but it does what it's supposed to. 4x4 works fine, drove in Minnesota snow and had no problems.

Great truck!!!
By Wigginscpa on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Best truck I have ever owned. Truck has V-6, which is very strong for a V- 6; not great on gas, but fun to drive. My daughter (4 years old)prefers riding in "her" truck rather than mommy's van. Will probably trade soon, to get a crew cab (most likely F-150).

My F150
By buckman2735 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Top notch design.

Best Vehicle Ever
By ChrisA on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Not a single problem or issue in 4 years of use.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT Ext. Cab - 2WD
By bobj824 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Power door locks failed at 37,000 miles, dealer would not do anything about this (I have since discovered that this is a very common problem). Seat belts are uncomfortable and difficult to use! Seats provide good support, but fabric is uncomfortable. Center armrest is very uncomfortable. Ride and noise is not nearly as good as my son's 2000 Dodge Ram!