Used 2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Solid, Reliable truck
By Az f-150

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I dont think ive done 1 non-scheduled maintenance on this vehicle. 102k miles on original tranny, etc. Still looks good for being 10 years old. This truck easily handles everything i throw at it.

Favorite Features

Good looks, very reliable, limited slip rear, decent power.

Suggested Improvements

its very thirsty, 15mpg tops, sometimes is a little sluggish passing on freeway, lots of rattles and squeaks

Greatly Built
By Xenfull

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I love this truck. It has 209,000 miles on it and the 5.4L and trany are as strong as ever. The rear axel seal went out and I ended up buring up the gears in the differentail "my fault". The control arm bushings need to be replaced, which I hear are notorious to start making noises in all fords. Other than that not a problem with it. Every mechanic I have talked to say that so long as you keep it maintained, It will last to 300,000 miles+. My next truck I get will be a Ford F150.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Comfertable ride. and great towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat area could be a little more roomier. Lift it a little higher and put larger wheels and tires on it.

A Long White Elephant!
By Rich MacKinnon

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I purchased this truck in Dec 2006- my old 93 Suburban totally blew out it's transmission and I needed a vehicle as my wife is in a wheelchair & she got in and out if the Suburban easily, as well as loading her chair. This truck was a spur-of-the-moment thing as I didn't think I'd get credit. I did and my wife hates this truck! She cannot get into it! - The passenger seat is almost 2 inches higher than the driver seat- seat top is a full 36 inches from teh ground! - The Odometer keeps coming on & off due to a crack in the soldering (a problem noted on F150.net) - Fuel economy stinks! My Suburban with that big 350 got an average of 16 to 18! This small-block V8 gets 12 mpg. - The ABS died

Favorite Features

Forward visibility is great

Suggested Improvements

The seats could have reclined better, the center armrest as well. The Rear Visibility is HORRIBLE! The engine is a pain to change sparkplugs- and now the ABS module died- repairs are more than this thing sells for in 2009!

Dependable, tough, minor issues
By jeff

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought new, now 82,000 miles (Driving this truck less now due to high gas prices). Only mechanical problem has been door actuators, which I have had to replace. Have used 4wd a lot with no problems. This has been a very reliable truck I can count on and even though is depreciating fast I have no plans to sell as long as it holds up. Rides like a big luxury car on highway. Is developing some rust at bottom inside of doors. Back seat is not comfortable for adults. Gas mileage is poor, 12/16.

Favorite Features

Command of road, good handling, built Ford tough, reliable, hard to get stuck with LSD and 4wd

Suggested Improvements

Change the back seat. improve gas mileage.

Best Trucks on the Road
By Larry

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is the best truck out there. No problems with anything. One thing I have found the dealer does the best work on the truck. I am afraid to trade and buy another one as I can not get anything for this one and it is so reliable.

Favorite Features

Tough and durable, do the p/m work and drive it. Nothing fancy about these trucks like the ride is a little rough but well worth it.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage but will sacrifice for the rest