2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Bulky Vehicle 4.2 6 Cylinder
By Dadwithkids on 06/18/05 06:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck as a replacement for a small Japanese truck. That being the case, it is just too big for shopping malls, and city driving. Really good for hauling mulch, bicycles, etc. I chose this truck because I could stick the kids in the back seat; not everyday, but once in awhile. There was no better value on the market. It drives well, manual transmission is slow, bulky shifting (not fun), problem with heating system (header adjustment door locked up, expensive fix), cruise control recall. It is not as well made as a Toyota or Mitsubishi. Mileage - I get 15-17 in mixed driving.

Good looking and reliable!
By David H. on 05/04/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck brand new in 2000 and has been one great truck. If you take care of it, it will take care of you! I've had mine now for 5 years and not once have I had any major problems or concerns with her. She looks good, rides good and pulls good, what more could you ask for! I've learned with Ford, you really do get what you pay for.

Hog Heaven
By Hog lover on 04/15/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Harley-Davidson 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Fun to drive, while sitting in comfort. No problems except it took a long time to get the new re-designed fiberglass cover. The wait was worth it. Added a K&N air filter system which helped improve the gas mileage slightly. Sound system is GREAT. It is worth every cent I paid for it!

fairly good truck
By Georgia Engineer on 01/28/05 22:55 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Overall no "major" quality or reliability problems, but enough to be annoying. Require several premature repairs after basic warranty; passenger door lock intermittent, rear sliding glass windows leaked from day one, cup holder spring broke, check engine light on and $300 sensor repair at 37 months (just out of warranty), cheap tires, brakes needed at replaced at 25K mikes, Cruise control sometimes acts erratic and disconnects on its own. Engine is powerful. Body finish is still excellent. Only big negative was that Ford service could never duplicate rear window leak (floor always wet after every rain). I finally repaired the leak myself.

Exceptionally High Number of Failures
By Ryan on 12/31/04 00:28 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

If I had not purchased the Ford version ESP Extended Service Protection to 75,000 miles, I would have paid over $8,000 in repairs. Failures within this mileage: air conditioning, steering pump, ALL tie rods (inner and outer), ABS antilock brake module, mass air sensor, both power door lock modules, ALL upper and lower ball joints, heavy RUST on both front doors inside at the bottom, RUSTED spark plugs and coil #6 at 74,000 miles when Ford says replacement at 100,000 miles.

All good for 5 years
By Stance on 12/26/04 17:08 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

My truck has 130,000 miles on it. Other than oil changes and one pair of brakes, it's always good to go! It is a 5 speed, plain truck [rubber mats and an a/c], but for the buying price of $17,000, it has been a terrific truck.The same dealership still has the same truck [2004-2005 models] for that same price and I will be buying another soon. I think my son will get another 130,000 miles on my 2000 F150 before it is done!

First Ford Truck
By aeccal47 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

So far I am very happy with my ford Truck. I have been a foreign truck owner and was very reluctant to switch to the full size ford vs tondra...can't beat the incentives. Two problems, fuel tank guage and leaky differential (covered by warranty) other than that excellent. I recently go 23mpg on trip to Virginia. Great in snow with off road package 4x4 and powerful 5.4L V8.

Too little power
By GD on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was equipped with the 4.6 liter V-8. I tow a 22 foot boat which, with trailer, weighs about 4000 pounds. This truck tows poorly, with constant downshifts on the slightest grades. I was forced to sell the truck due to underpowering and a non-locking differential after it could not effectively pull the boat and trailer up boat ramps. It performed well when not towing.

no real complaints, great ride
By Jeff Randall on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

bought the work truck version with basically just a big black rubber mat under your feet, it doesn't stain, it is easy to clean and when the kids spill a coke, just wipe it up with a paper towel. I bought a v6 4.2L with 58k, I now have 73k after a year and not a single problem. Fuel mileage is not great but it IS in the same range as other trucks in its class, so no real complaint there, and the power of the 4.2L fine as long as you aren't driving a big boat or trailer, or trying to accelerate onto the interstate like Tony Stewart outta the pits. My only complaint is cab storage space on the dash or the lower door molding area, just no place to put pe

2000 F150 Work Series 7700
By mikemrk4 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle has been absolutely maintenance free except for scheduled oil changes and items listed below. Brake linings were replaced at 48,500. ABS light came on at 49,000. We'll find out what that's about in the next couple of weeks. This is the 7700 model with the 5.4 and it tows as well as a friend's new Ram 1500 Hemi. Only options I wish I'd ordered are limited slip differential and cruise control. Original Goodyear Wranglers are good for at least 5,000 more miles. Gas mileage has not improved from new, and it still averages approx. 13 mpg in town. Best ever was approx. 16.5 mpg on the highway, but it does have the 3.73 gearing.