Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

it's back to GM for me....
By chris

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

Considering the low mileage, this truck has had an enormous amount of mechanical problems, including a tranny rebuild at 72000. The interior and ride are comfortable and the frame is quite strong and I think it's a sharpt looking truck. But, performance-wise, it basically is the worst of both worlds--underpowered with poor fuel economy. I get 9 mpg while pulling the a relatively light trailer but still can't get over 70mph. Maybe with the 5.4 engine, it would be better but I think I'm done with Ford for now.

Favorite Features

bed size, firm but comfortable ride, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

more power for the mpg

Great Truck
By 577nitroexpress

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I've had it for 10years now and it has been the best truck I've ever owned. No real issues, only typical wear items such as shocks, ball joints, rotors, pads, belts. I haul a camper into some very remote Colorado back country hunting, and have never been left stranded...or been stuck. 4 chains on the tires 4x4 and this truck will go through 3 feet of snow!

Favorite Features

Engine and comfort, drives like a car.

Suggested Improvements

Locking front diff.

sellers remorse
By j d

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Loved this truck. Base model 4x4 with 5.4. handled and rode beautyful till about 180000. replaced ball joints and bearings at about 165000 and 175000. no other major problem, except when gas was 4.00 a gallon. she works hard but drinks hard too. opt for xlt or higher. base comes with 3.35 Rear ratio. Its got the power but not as lively or efficient as 3.73, but she'll do bout 110. rotate tires and they'll last. i had a set of michilen ltx at's that lasted 110000 miles! Just sold to down size and immediately regret the decision. Oh yeah 228000 miles, no leaks, original exhaust in tact and quiet ect. it is a ford though so keep it clean or fix the rust

Favorite Features

5.4, compass and reliable outside temp, comfortable ride, reliability, reliability, reliability

Suggested Improvements

high rearend ratio with no limited slip, dumb, why???

Solid, Reliable truck
By Az f-150

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I dont think ive done 1 non-scheduled maintenance on this vehicle. 102k miles on original tranny, etc. Still looks good for being 10 years old. This truck easily handles everything i throw at it.

Favorite Features

Good looks, very reliable, limited slip rear, decent power.

Suggested Improvements

its very thirsty, 15mpg tops, sometimes is a little sluggish passing on freeway, lots of rattles and squeaks

Greatly Built
By Xenfull

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I love this truck. It has 209,000 miles on it and the 5.4L and trany are as strong as ever. The rear axel seal went out and I ended up buring up the gears in the differentail "my fault". The control arm bushings need to be replaced, which I hear are notorious to start making noises in all fords. Other than that not a problem with it. Every mechanic I have talked to say that so long as you keep it maintained, It will last to 300,000 miles+. My next truck I get will be a Ford F150.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Comfertable ride. and great towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat area could be a little more roomier. Lift it a little higher and put larger wheels and tires on it.