2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Well rounded vehicle
By forkd on 12/14/06 11:27 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is a truck with a luxury car ride. It is quiet, reliable and attractive. The engine, while not the most powerful, is quite powerful enough. I upgraded to a K&N air filter and the throttle response improved dramatically. I have changed the front brakes 4 times but that isn't too crazy. When the stock tires wore out I upgraded and the handling is incredible. The only problem I have is if the roads are icy it, like any pick up truck, has a tendency to slip and slide.

200,000 miles later, got rear-ended
By Vic on 12/07/06 07:21 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Wow! What a great (but plain) truck. If you need a cheap ride and don't mind the rubber floors, no cruise, no automatic -then this is your truck. Mine has nearly 200,000 miles on it and still runs perfectly! The body, however, was damaged beyond repair in a wreck three days ago. If a teenager hadn't hit me, my truck would be on the road today. I would buy my truck back if possible. It is that good! I bought it new with 15 miles on it. I did the usual maintenance, oil change at 5000 miles and fluid checks / changes when needed.

Very dependable used truck
By Bob H. on 01/16/06 01:22 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned Ford trucks for over 30 years and this one is the best. My only complaints are wind noise at highway speeds and fuel consumption. Overall it is a solidly built truck that is holding up well. 80,000 miles with no mechanical problems.

F150 - Dependable
By davie on 01/13/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned a 2000 F-150 for over two years now. I have been very pleased with everything but the mileage. At 14 MPG, I am not thrilled with the mileage. However, the ride is tolerable for a full-size pickup, and except for oil changes and tire rotations, I have had to do no maintenance. Very dependable, but thirsty truck.

225K And Still Going
By John C on 08/23/05 00:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I drive this truck every day, all day. Could not ask for a more reliable dependable truck. As a project manager for a construction company my truck is my office. I have changed oil every 3-4k, gone through several sets of brakes and tires but never even so much as an oil leak. The a/c system holds up even in the Texas heat during long times on idle. Mine is the vinyl mat, manual window, work truck version but still very comfortable with a great ride. Mileage is good with the 4.2l v6 and automatic, at best I've seen 19mpg average is about 15-16. A little preventative maintenance goes a long way with these trucks.

Bulky Vehicle 4.2 6 Cylinder
By Dadwithkids on 06/18/05 06:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck as a replacement for a small Japanese truck. That being the case, it is just too big for shopping malls, and city driving. Really good for hauling mulch, bicycles, etc. I chose this truck because I could stick the kids in the back seat; not everyday, but once in awhile. There was no better value on the market. It drives well, manual transmission is slow, bulky shifting (not fun), problem with heating system (header adjustment door locked up, expensive fix), cruise control recall. It is not as well made as a Toyota or Mitsubishi. Mileage - I get 15-17 in mixed driving.

Good looking and reliable!
By David H. on 05/04/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck brand new in 2000 and has been one great truck. If you take care of it, it will take care of you! I've had mine now for 5 years and not once have I had any major problems or concerns with her. She looks good, rides good and pulls good, what more could you ask for! I've learned with Ford, you really do get what you pay for.

Hog Heaven
By Hog lover on 04/15/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Fun to drive, while sitting in comfort. No problems except it took a long time to get the new re-designed fiberglass cover. The wait was worth it. Added a K&N air filter system which helped improve the gas mileage slightly. Sound system is GREAT. It is worth every cent I paid for it!

fairly good truck
By Georgia Engineer on 01/28/05 22:55 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Overall no "major" quality or reliability problems, but enough to be annoying. Require several premature repairs after basic warranty; passenger door lock intermittent, rear sliding glass windows leaked from day one, cup holder spring broke, check engine light on and $300 sensor repair at 37 months (just out of warranty), cheap tires, brakes needed at replaced at 25K mikes, Cruise control sometimes acts erratic and disconnects on its own. Engine is powerful. Body finish is still excellent. Only big negative was that Ford service could never duplicate rear window leak (floor always wet after every rain). I finally repaired the leak myself.

Exceptionally High Number of Failures
By Ryan on 12/31/04 00:28 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

If I had not purchased the Ford version ESP Extended Service Protection to 75,000 miles, I would have paid over $8,000 in repairs. Failures within this mileage: air conditioning, steering pump, ALL tie rods (inner and outer), ABS antilock brake module, mass air sensor, both power door lock modules, ALL upper and lower ball joints, heavy RUST on both front doors inside at the bottom, RUSTED spark plugs and coil #6 at 74,000 miles when Ford says replacement at 100,000 miles.