2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
great truck
By torq on 03/31/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love this truck it 340,000 miles on it I drive it daily and have never had a problem with it. It's lifted with 35" tires. It has great towing. It handles everything I throw at weather it be hauling a load or just playing in the woods. My next 4x4 will be a f150

terrible
By chris on 02/10/10 07:11 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

we got ours a 2000 and so far we had to replace the 4wd, heating, fan, tailgate handle and spark plugs. the radio cuts out, and the transmission is on its way. we have replaced the plugs 2 times and now 3 are out again

sellers remorse
By j d on 07/18/09 10:24 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Work 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Loved this truck. Base model 4x4 with 5.4. handled and rode beautyful till about 180000. replaced ball joints and bearings at about 165000 and 175000. no other major problem, except when gas was 4.00 a gallon. she works hard but drinks hard too. opt for xlt or higher. base comes with 3.35 Rear ratio. Its got the power but not as lively or efficient as 3.73, but she'll do bout 110. rotate tires and they'll last. i had a set of michilen ltx at's that lasted 110000 miles! Just sold to down size and immediately regret the decision. Oh yeah 228000 miles, no leaks, original exhaust in tact and quiet ect. it is a ford though so keep it clean or fix the rust

F150 - Dependable
By davie on 01/13/06 21:05 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned a 2000 F-150 for over two years now. I have been very pleased with everything but the mileage. At 14 MPG, I am not thrilled with the mileage. However, the ride is tolerable for a full-size pickup, and except for oil changes and tire rotations, I have had to do no maintenance. Very dependable, but thirsty truck.

225K And Still Going
By John C on 08/23/05 00:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I drive this truck every day, all day. Could not ask for a more reliable dependable truck. As a project manager for a construction company my truck is my office. I have changed oil every 3-4k, gone through several sets of brakes and tires but never even so much as an oil leak. The a/c system holds up even in the Texas heat during long times on idle. Mine is the vinyl mat, manual window, work truck version but still very comfortable with a great ride. Mileage is good with the 4.2l v6 and automatic, at best I've seen 19mpg average is about 15-16. A little preventative maintenance goes a long way with these trucks.

Great truck!!!
By Wigginscpa on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Best truck I have ever owned. Truck has V-6, which is very strong for a V- 6; not great on gas, but fun to drive. My daughter (4 years old)prefers riding in "her" truck rather than mommy's van. Will probably trade soon, to get a crew cab (most likely F-150).

My F150
By buckman2735 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Work 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Top notch design.

Super Truck
By Mother Trucker on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

Comfortable, stylish, and powerful.

Woody's F150S/B review
By Woodie on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this pickup hoping to get at least 20 MPG and this has been a disappoinment. The best I have ever gotten is 18 MPG going downhill. Other than that it has been a great truck. I like the handling and its performance. Has plenty of power for what I need. Just wish it got better mileage.

Yeah....loook
By jaymorgasim on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I havent had any problems. Best truck I have ever had