2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
excellent
By doris on 11/23/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

This truck is beast!! It has pulled a 2wd ford off the beach that was stuck. It's drifted around corners, hit junk, been hit by junk, drove through mud holes and anything else I ask it to do and it's done all this without ever even being close to getting stuck or getting damaged cosmetically. I haven't had to do anything but change the oil and it keeps destroying every challenge I give it. Try all that with a Ram 1500, you will be stuck spinning wheels in less than an hour.

Greatly Built
By Xenfull on 06/09/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I love this truck. It has 209,000 miles on it and the 5.4L and trany are as strong as ever. The rear axel seal went out and I ended up buring up the gears in the differentail "my fault". The control arm bushings need to be replaced, which I hear are notorious to start making noises in all fords. Other than that not a problem with it. Every mechanic I have talked to say that so long as you keep it maintained, It will last to 300,000 miles+. My next truck I get will be a Ford F150.

A Long White Elephant!
By Rich MacKinnon on 03/26/09 22:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I purchased this truck in Dec 2006- my old 93 Suburban totally blew out it's transmission and I needed a vehicle as my wife is in a wheelchair & she got in and out if the Suburban easily, as well as loading her chair. This truck was a spur-of-the-moment thing as I didn't think I'd get credit. I did and my wife hates this truck! She cannot get into it! - The passenger seat is almost 2 inches higher than the driver seat- seat top is a full 36 inches from teh ground! - The Odometer keeps coming on & off due to a crack in the soldering (a problem noted on F150.net) - Fuel economy stinks! My Suburban with that big 350 got an average of 16 to 18! This small-block V8 gets 12 mpg. - The ABS died

Bulky Vehicle 4.2 6 Cylinder
By Dadwithkids on 06/18/05 06:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck as a replacement for a small Japanese truck. That being the case, it is just too big for shopping malls, and city driving. Really good for hauling mulch, bicycles, etc. I chose this truck because I could stick the kids in the back seat; not everyday, but once in awhile. There was no better value on the market. It drives well, manual transmission is slow, bulky shifting (not fun), problem with heating system (header adjustment door locked up, expensive fix), cruise control recall. It is not as well made as a Toyota or Mitsubishi. Mileage - I get 15-17 in mixed driving.