2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
200,000 miles later, got rear-ended
By Vic on 12/07/06 07:21 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Wow! What a great (but plain) truck. If you need a cheap ride and don't mind the rubber floors, no cruise, no automatic -then this is your truck. Mine has nearly 200,000 miles on it and still runs perfectly! The body, however, was damaged beyond repair in a wreck three days ago. If a teenager hadn't hit me, my truck would be on the road today. I would buy my truck back if possible. It is that good! I bought it new with 15 miles on it. I did the usual maintenance, oil change at 5000 miles and fluid checks / changes when needed.

All good for 5 years
By Stance on 12/26/04 17:08 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

My truck has 130,000 miles on it. Other than oil changes and one pair of brakes, it's always good to go! It is a 5 speed, plain truck [rubber mats and an a/c], but for the buying price of $17,000, it has been a terrific truck.The same dealership still has the same truck [2004-2005 models] for that same price and I will be buying another soon. I think my son will get another 130,000 miles on my 2000 F150 before it is done!

no real complaints, great ride
By Jeff Randall on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

bought the work truck version with basically just a big black rubber mat under your feet, it doesn't stain, it is easy to clean and when the kids spill a coke, just wipe it up with a paper towel. I bought a v6 4.2L with 58k, I now have 73k after a year and not a single problem. Fuel mileage is not great but it IS in the same range as other trucks in its class, so no real complaint there, and the power of the 4.2L fine as long as you aren't driving a big boat or trailer, or trying to accelerate onto the interstate like Tony Stewart outta the pits. My only complaint is cab storage space on the dash or the lower door molding area, just no place to put pe

2000 F150 Work Series 7700
By mikemrk4 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

Vehicle has been absolutely maintenance free except for scheduled oil changes and items listed below. Brake linings were replaced at 48,500. ABS light came on at 49,000. We'll find out what that's about in the next couple of weeks. This is the 7700 model with the 5.4 and it tows as well as a friend's new Ram 1500 Hemi. Only options I wish I'd ordered are limited slip differential and cruise control. Original Goodyear Wranglers are good for at least 5,000 more miles. Gas mileage has not improved from new, and it still averages approx. 13 mpg in town. Best ever was approx. 16.5 mpg on the highway, but it does have the 3.73 gearing.

Good
By redneckhunter122 on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

IT is very good. IT took me everywhere i needed to go. All around it is a very good automobile.