Used 2000 Ford F-150 XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Truck
By snyderjam

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 2000. V6 5speed. It's now almost 12 yrs old and what a ride. I will have 200,000 miles on it this month and the only things that I had to have had to fix, besides routine maintenence- Fluid changes, Brakes and Tires- are the water pump and the ignition coil. The v6 with the manual tranny has plenty of power and dose great on the highway. If you need a good dependable truck, this is the one.

Favorite Features

Dependability, Cost, Comfort

Suggested Improvements

None

great overall
By alex

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

i have had my truck for a little over a year and i love it. it gets the job done and i have not had to put any money into it. i could not be any happier with it.

Favorite Features

the whole thing, i really like the comfort when driving.

Suggested Improvements

better rims on the 7700 series

Will It Ever Wear Out
By Jerry H.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I work for a construction company and travel all over the U.S. and average 42,000 miles per year. This truck has never left me stranded even when it had a pre-mature trasmission failture at 65K it still got me back to my home town. (I was 100 miles out) The transmission was replaced and the truck now has 301,500 miles on it and this transmission still is going strong, so I assume the 1st one was a unusual failure. The engine still runs strong but does use a quart of oil between changes, I have the oil changed every 3 to 4 K and the oil allways looks clean. I am going to keep driving it because when it is cleaned up it still looks like a new truck.

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More and better tie downs in the bed.

First Ford Truck
By aeccal47

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

So far I am very happy with my ford Truck. I have been a foreign truck owner and was very reluctant to switch to the full size ford vs tondra...can't beat the incentives. Two problems, fuel tank guage and leaky differential (covered by warranty) other than that excellent. I recently go 23mpg on trip to Virginia. Great in snow with off road package 4x4 and powerful 5.4L V8.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable ride, great power

Suggested Improvements

Wish standard bed was a little bigger;

Too little power
By GD

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was equipped with the 4.6 liter V-8. I tow a 22 foot boat which, with trailer, weighs about 4000 pounds. This truck tows poorly, with constant downshifts on the slightest grades. I was forced to sell the truck due to underpowering and a non-locking differential after it could not effectively pull the boat and trailer up boat ramps. It performed well when not towing.

Suggested Improvements

Locking differential as STANDARD equipment.