2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Great Truck
By snyderjam on 09/12/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 2000. V6 5speed. It's now almost 12 yrs old and what a ride. I will have 200,000 miles on it this month and the only things that I had to have had to fix, besides routine maintenence- Fluid changes, Brakes and Tires- are the water pump and the ignition coil. The v6 with the manual tranny has plenty of power and dose great on the highway. If you need a good dependable truck, this is the one.

great overall
By alex on 11/15/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

i have had my truck for a little over a year and i love it. it gets the job done and i have not had to put any money into it. i could not be any happier with it.

Will It Ever Wear Out
By Jerry H. on 07/03/07 22:58 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I work for a construction company and travel all over the U.S. and average 42,000 miles per year. This truck has never left me stranded even when it had a pre-mature trasmission failture at 65K it still got me back to my home town. (I was 100 miles out) The transmission was replaced and the truck now has 301,500 miles on it and this transmission still is going strong, so I assume the 1st one was a unusual failure. The engine still runs strong but does use a quart of oil between changes, I have the oil changed every 3 to 4 K and the oil allways looks clean. I am going to keep driving it because when it is cleaned up it still looks like a new truck.

First Ford Truck
By aeccal47 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

So far I am very happy with my ford Truck. I have been a foreign truck owner and was very reluctant to switch to the full size ford vs tondra...can't beat the incentives. Two problems, fuel tank guage and leaky differential (covered by warranty) other than that excellent. I recently go 23mpg on trip to Virginia. Great in snow with off road package 4x4 and powerful 5.4L V8.

Too little power
By GD on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was equipped with the 4.6 liter V-8. I tow a 22 foot boat which, with trailer, weighs about 4000 pounds. This truck tows poorly, with constant downshifts on the slightest grades. I was forced to sell the truck due to underpowering and a non-locking differential after it could not effectively pull the boat and trailer up boat ramps. It performed well when not towing.

2000 Ford F-150 XLT Ext. Cab - 2WD
By bobj824 on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Power door locks failed at 37,000 miles, dealer would not do anything about this (I have since discovered that this is a very common problem). Seat belts are uncomfortable and difficult to use! Seats provide good support, but fabric is uncomfortable. Center armrest is very uncomfortable. Ride and noise is not nearly as good as my son's 2000 Dodge Ram!

4.2 6 cyl. not the best ford has made
By bob cracthet on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I like the truck over all. At 48k the motor blew. Spun bearing, bent rod, and bent valves. Ford put new one in and it blew the same day under their care. I have had the third one in for about 1k and no problems yet.I have had to put a new catalytic converter and the cross member on the trans.The gears need to be lower especially in 1st. But if I buy another it will be v8 and auto. Good truck, still rather have a GMC!

v-6 power ????
By mashit on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

bought the v-6 5speed 3:55 gears xlt extended cab.no problems except little miner things.rust on bottm of tailgate,after setting parking brake,then releasing it,truck will shimming until i stop completly & back- up.gets about 20-21 m.p.g.great for an everyday driver.trany gearing is all wrong.too high.bring the granny gear trans back.i do pull a car trailor and fullsizederby cars with it.it will pull it but it works it.bilt ford tough.would'nt buy v-6 again.no torqe at all.would definitly buy another ford truck.this is my 4th.

Good Truck
By megamorgan on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Good light work truck... good towing and hauling. Solid on long trips. Minor repairs neccessary on ignition and some seals... all covered by warranty. A/C could be better.

Ford needs to do better
By Jim Angle on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Transmission went out and replaced at 64000 miles. Fuel economy is average at best.