2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
It ain't bad but not fantastic
By plaid_britches on 01/30/07 22:16 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

It is extremely reliable and for the miles on it, it has only needed one tranny service and currently is misfiring on cylinder 7. But with the miles and how much I pulled a trailer with it, it's a nice truck and it could sit a little higher, 17 inch wheels should be changed to another size maybe 18" because of the tire prices, 18s being cheaper, engine could use some more power, but overall it is a great truck.

fairly good truck
By Georgia Engineer on 01/28/05 22:55 PM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Overall no "major" quality or reliability problems, but enough to be annoying. Require several premature repairs after basic warranty; passenger door lock intermittent, rear sliding glass windows leaked from day one, cup holder spring broke, check engine light on and $300 sensor repair at 37 months (just out of warranty), cheap tires, brakes needed at replaced at 25K mikes, Cruise control sometimes acts erratic and disconnects on its own. Engine is powerful. Body finish is still excellent. Only big negative was that Ford service could never duplicate rear window leak (floor always wet after every rain). I finally repaired the leak myself.

all around good pickup
By Donny on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have a Lariat with the 5.4 in it and am really impressed with the pickup, but would really like to see one with a five speed, I think it would be more fun to drive. I get too bored driving an automatic. plus the performance would be a lot better with a five speed. I really like the ride and handling of the pickup and it does everything I want it to do. We are selling it because of the automatic, we would probably keep it if it had a stick.

Love this truck!
By forkd on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Very reliable, powerful and it sure will turn an eye when it is clean.