2000 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Everyone wants my Truck!!
By flyastinson on 07/08/13 08:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The sharp design has continued to baffle people as to its age and I am often asked if I'd like to sell it. NO! It is almost to 140,000 miles and runs like a bear. While I take very good care of my vehicles, not much as been necessary with my truck other than routine care and minor repairs -- very minor! The power is excellent, driving is smooth and easy and easy to switch to 4x4. The leather seats adjust perfectly, especially on long drives. I have hauled boats, cars, and heavy closed trailers without any problem. Ford is excellent...my 1966 F100 has almost 500,000 miles on the original engine!

Gas guzzler
By homerrocks2 on 12/30/11 05:39 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

The truck is awesome to drive and I like the high riding feeling. It also has quite a bit of power (especially when you floor it, sounds like a racecar :D). The thing is it uses gas like it's water. It seems like every time we go somewhere, we stop at the gas station.

Great Truck
By snyderjam on 09/12/11 18:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 2000. V6 5speed. It's now almost 12 yrs old and what a ride. I will have 200,000 miles on it this month and the only things that I had to have had to fix, besides routine maintenence- Fluid changes, Brakes and Tires- are the water pump and the ignition coil. The v6 with the manual tranny has plenty of power and dose great on the highway. If you need a good dependable truck, this is the one.

Excellent truck
By thesauce05 on 04/03/11 16:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck in 2004 to replace a totalled 1997 EXT cab Ram (which was a crappy truck). This truck is has been great. 11 years old and still going strong. I'm actually surprised to see people complaining on the amount of power they get out of their trucks. I mean, 4.6L isn't much, but I get tons of power for such a small engine. I've never had to do any major work and only recently has small things began to go wrong (ABS light, AIR valve, rusted fuel tank straps). Everything else on this truck is in top notch working order. Engine runs great and starts up in the coldest weather every time and the transmission shows no signs of stopping, even with 127000 miles. Next truck will be a f150.

Almost a perfect fit.
By Sc00ter on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have owned three trucks in my life and so far this one is the best. This truck has taken on everything I have thrown at it and has done fine. Yes, things have broken and had to be replaced but it is a machine and things break. My only gripe is the engine size. The 5.4 is a very smooth running engine, but it lacks some horse power. My previous GMC had the venerable 5.7 vortec and the older Fords had the 351 windsor/cleveland engine. All of those engines were retired before their time. If I could change any one thing it would be to have that extra power without the need for a diesel or a supercharger. Everything else has been quality built and has proven itself.

great truck
By torq on 03/31/10 14:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I love this truck it 340,000 miles on it I drive it daily and have never had a problem with it. It's lifted with 35" tires. It has great towing. It handles everything I throw at weather it be hauling a load or just playing in the woods. My next 4x4 will be a f150

terrible
By chris on 02/10/10 07:11 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

we got ours a 2000 and so far we had to replace the 4wd, heating, fan, tailgate handle and spark plugs. the radio cuts out, and the transmission is on its way. we have replaced the plugs 2 times and now 3 are out again

excellent
By doris on 11/23/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

This truck is beast!! It has pulled a 2wd ford off the beach that was stuck. It's drifted around corners, hit junk, been hit by junk, drove through mud holes and anything else I ask it to do and it's done all this without ever even being close to getting stuck or getting damaged cosmetically. I haven't had to do anything but change the oil and it keeps destroying every challenge I give it. Try all that with a Ram 1500, you will be stuck spinning wheels in less than an hour.

great overall
By alex on 11/15/09 08:45 AM (PST)

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

i have had my truck for a little over a year and i love it. it gets the job done and i have not had to put any money into it. i could not be any happier with it.

it's back to GM for me....
By chris on 08/10/09 09:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

Considering the low mileage, this truck has had an enormous amount of mechanical problems, including a tranny rebuild at 72000. The interior and ride are comfortable and the frame is quite strong and I think it's a sharpt looking truck. But, performance-wise, it basically is the worst of both worlds--underpowered with poor fuel economy. I get 9 mpg while pulling the a relatively light trailer but still can't get over 70mph. Maybe with the 5.4 engine, it would be better but I think I'm done with Ford for now.