Used 2000 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Solid Truck
By dhiebert

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck on auction for $4k. Best money I've ever spent. No problems except for a stripped drain plug. Plenty of power, passenger space and cargo space. The only complaints are in the size and fuel economy. It's hard to park in any place other than straight in, and the best MPG I've gotten is 17 hwy.

5.4l V8, cruise control

Real leather on the seats, not this plastic stuff

Everyone wants my Truck!!
By flyastinson

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The sharp design has continued to baffle people as to its age and I am often asked if I'd like to sell it. NO! It is almost to 140,000 miles and runs like a bear. While I take very good care of my vehicles, not much as been necessary with my truck other than routine care and minor repairs -- very minor! The power is excellent, driving is smooth and easy and easy to switch to 4x4. The leather seats adjust perfectly, especially on long drives. I have hauled boats, cars, and heavy closed trailers without any problem. Ford is excellent...my 1966 F100 has almost 500,000 miles on the original engine!

The flare design with side step keeps it looking ageless. Can't beat the comfort of the leather adjustable seats and as always, Ford has the quickest heat or air conditioning. Easy to see out and mirrors allow easy rear views. The back seats are rather comfortable considering the size. The engine is sweet with great power and push when needed.

Only downsize, especially in this day and age, is the gas mileage, but even still I love driving it everywhere!

Gas guzzler
By homerrocks2

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

The truck is awesome to drive and I like the high riding feeling. It also has quite a bit of power (especially when you floor it, sounds like a racecar :D). The thing is it uses gas like it's water. It seems like every time we go somewhere, we stop at the gas station.

Captain chairs CD player

MPG sucks expensive to be worked on ($1000 for four brakes)

Great Truck
By snyderjam

2000 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 2000. V6 5speed. It's now almost 12 yrs old and what a ride. I will have 200,000 miles on it this month and the only things that I had to have had to fix, besides routine maintenence- Fluid changes, Brakes and Tires- are the water pump and the ignition coil. The v6 with the manual tranny has plenty of power and dose great on the highway. If you need a good dependable truck, this is the one.

Dependability, Cost, Comfort

None

Excellent truck
By thesauce05

2000 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought my truck in 2004 to replace a totalled 1997 EXT cab Ram (which was a crappy truck). This truck is has been great. 11 years old and still going strong. I'm actually surprised to see people complaining on the amount of power they get out of their trucks. I mean, 4.6L isn't much, but I get tons of power for such a small engine. I've never had to do any major work and only recently has small things began to go wrong (ABS light, AIR valve, rusted fuel tank straps). Everything else on this truck is in top notch working order. Engine runs great and starts up in the coldest weather every time and the transmission shows no signs of stopping, even with 127000 miles. Next truck will be a f150.

I love everything

Only a couple things could have been designed differently. One would be the electric window tracks. They seems to somehow "shrink" over time causing the window to slow down. A little silicon spray usually helps a lot. The other things is the top of the cab. There are two grooves up there and both lead underneath the outer windshield seal which causes water to get under there and eventually leads to leaks (which mine has done). I fixed it by filling in the area at the seal with silicon.