What the Heck?
By Ricky on
1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB
Took a chance and bought this F150 xlt w/ a 4.2 v6 engine w/ 77500 miles on it. Being a Ford truck, I expected at least 200,000 miles out of it. Only got 115,000 before the engine threw a rod. I babied the truck above and beyond what it was called for. During my three years of ownership, replaced 4 tires, o2 sensor, alternator ($600),belts, 2 sets of sparksplugs. And the worst of all, $2900 for a whole new front suspension. Plus alot of little things that adds up to alot of money. I know when you by a used car or truck, you are going to spend a little money to bring it up to standard. But, come on that much on a Ford truck. I'm very disappoint and looking for a different truck.
Favorite Features
Nice styling, handle real nice on the highway
Suggested Improvements
Improve the quality of the engines
By rubbstellez
on 12/25/11 03:57 AM (PST)

I wouldn't recommend looking for a different truck, find a different dealer... Here in Guatemala we always say that buying a used car means "buying someone else's problems", I can asure that you are being the victim of a badly abused car... I am having the same problem with a Ranger, simple issues actually, but a lot of money in the end... Over here we prefer Japanese, but Ford has actually convinced me, and I'm looking forward to an F-150.

By rubbstellez
on 12/25/11 03:57 AM (PST)