1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Original Owner not sure if I s

1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Original Owner not sure if I should sell
By Rob on

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this for 10 years in the Colorado Rockies and have a few opinions. The engine of the truck has been very reliable, however the electrical system is horrible!. The brakes work well, but wear out yearly! It was a real slug on inclines until I installed a K&N intake system and exhaust system which changed the whole personalilty and handling of the vehicle. Never a single oil leak. Never stuck in snow, but weight in rear is highly suggested on icy roads. Never drive on slick roads with poor tread on rears with no weight. Currently have 175,000 miles, and expect to get another 100,000 miles unless I upgrade just for something new. Next truck will be a Honda Ridgeline!

Favorite Features

Reliability of engine. Transmission has been sweet too, but have not towed anything and I changed transmission fluid every 30-35k.

Suggested Improvements

The electical sysem is possessed and the brak pads and rotors must be bigger!! How about some squeekers on the thr rotors! First set of brakes wore out at 7000 miles! replaced ten, yes 10, sets of front brake pads, but not s single set of rear brake brakes!!!!