1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Noisey Serpentine Belt

1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT Extended Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

Noisey Serpentine Belt
By captainb on

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

So far so good. Great ride, decent mileage, good looking, and am satisfied. My only complaint is a noisey serpentine belt. It started making this horrible noise one day, that sounded like lifter noise. My mechanic smeared some silicon goo on the belt and it istantly stopped making the noise. Now I have my own tube of silicon goo (A grease I think)and every couple weeks I pop the hood and smear a little goo on the belt and ride in the quiet I'm used to. Anybody have a real fix for this problem ? Do you suppose an aftermarket belt would solve the problem ? Or would a OEM replacement work ? Or would I have the same old problem ?

4 dr extended cab.

The dash layout.The ash tray and cup holder are too far away for the driver. The lighter doesn't need to be right by the driver. I'm not 100% convinced of the worth of clearcoat paint. Seems like the slightest bird crap or acid rain etches or eats through the clearcoat.