1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: Best truck on the road

1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

Lariat Extended Cab Pickup (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Best truck on the road
By J.D. Tatum on

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This truck is more than I actually believed it would be. 5.4L v-8 is strong. Great styling,great ride and for a 2WD will pull much better than I thought it would. I pull a 30',6000lb. travel trailer, 5-6 times per year and it pulls it like a much beefier truck. Fuel mileage is still in the 16 MPG range at 114,000 miles and I have not had replace anything other than normal wear and tear components. I have drive train serviced at end of each summer,trans. fluid looks as good as when it went in. oil changes reveal no surprises and the rear end fluid never needs it when I change it. even with the heavy-hauling the fuel mileage is decent. 8 year old truck and still gets the looks.

Great exterior styling, very good int. design, and the leather has held up well. Best riding truck I've ever owned.

LED odometer looks nice but is faulty and is pricey because it requires a full instrumentation R&R.