Used 1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Standard Ford Headaches
By red-truck

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck generates the standard Ford problems annually. The 'hem' seam on all four doors developed rust (which Ford refused to fix as the rust did not perforate the metal), phantom windshield wipers (unfixed), coil pack failure (1) and air conditioner refrigerant leaks requiring annual recharge and also the famous Ford door crack above the intersection of the front and rear door on both sides. The irritation is that these problems are all reported but Ford refused to address the problems until (reportedly and time will tell) the 2004 redesign. How does one say "Cash Cow".

Interior comfort; acceptable ride; electronic 4WD shift.

Manufacturer responding to customer 'quality' issues would be a refreshing change for Ford. Ford customer service is signficantly worse than that for my European sedan (both with similar MSRPs).

was the truck of my dreams
By read this

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

In june 2001 I bought a 99 modle with only 17000 on it . Since then I had to have 2 coil's put in under warr. In 03 for some reason the gasket around the rear sliding window sank in but the dealer would not replace it. and the extended would not cover . again in 03 the trucks drivers door started tearing the meatle at the bottom of the window at the rear corner. The dealer said it was common. not covered under extened warr. now the odometer comes and gos the dealer will fix it if I pay another $50. and it is one of the warr. codes in their computer.There is a drive train vibration from rear. the automatic transmittion sucks and truck dosnt handle.

body styleing is nice, the truck rides high for a factory unit (plus to me not for most).

I have seen the 04 but not driven one . I would hope that ford has gone the extra mile to fix these problems .

has been a real workhorse
By shackleman

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 155,000 miles on the odometer and it still drives great. I have only replaced the brakes, alternator, and door lock relay. I drive alot- but use it regularly to haul hay. I cannot believe I'm not having to look for a new truck yet. I do routine maintenance but this truck has held up better than any truck I've ever owned including multiple GMC. I very glad ford had a rebate the week I went looking for a new truck

The truck just looks great, very quiet, strong low end torque.

Better power window motors

Surprises after 50.000 miles
By B Scott

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Loved truck until recent maintenance. Anyone else believe that new rotors (deep rust pits), new headgasket and new power steering pump should ALL be required after only 4 years and 50,000 very easy (no towing, off-road etc.) miles? Wonderful vehicle turned into major disappointment.

The Perfect Truck
By Lucwolf

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I got the 6 cylinder, standard 5 speed tranny. Enjoy the truck and get a lot of compliments on it still. Have it loaded up with a lot of appearance items. NEVER been in for service other than regular maintenance. Built in Canada makes a difference. It sits outside for weeks at a time and does not get driven, yet starts up right away every time. My 3rd F150. all been the same. No problems. PERFECT

Armrest storage, seats, dashboard, cold air, upholstery fabric, visibility.

Security key is great, but no other protection for vehicle. Needs break-in security. 5 speed is a bit vague for gear changing. 6 cylinder is not up to hauling a heavy load.

• SUV