1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
current vehicle val;ue 6/1/02
By Jim Young on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Everything is / and always has been perfect with this vehicle.

Rick's Truck
By RL on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Awesome off-road capabilities. Built solid. I'll hand this truck down to my grandson in about 25 years.

Best new vehicle I've ever purchased
By Lariat54 on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

There have been no major mechanical problems with this truck, only regularly scheduled maintenance required. So far it shows no signs of the door crack problems associated with these early models of the redesigned Ford F-150. Also no signs of the piston slap problems associated with these trucks.

Great Vehicle
By Sandra on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I had great luck with all my previous Ford vehicles so I bought another. It has 50,000 miles and has never been in for anything but maintenance. Still no interior rattles despite the rough roads I drive. Of course, it uses a lot of gas, but I guess it is not too bad for the size of the engine. My only complaint is that it is not ergonomically designed for a woman. I can not get the seat comfortable for my arm length.

Upset Owner
By FWornick on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

After reading the Consumer Reports 1999 ratings on New Cars I decided on the F150 XLT 4.6L engine 2WD Pickup. What a mistake. In the last 15 months I have had the vehicle in the shop for service 12 times. Twice for head gaskets, four times for a stalling problem when it is damp out, once for a starter cable that went bad, twice for brakes, once for door locks not working and other minor items. I talked to the service manager today and my salesman. I can't afford this truck anymore. Luckily I have a extended service contract but the items not covered have cost over $2,000. This is not a reliable product.

F150XL
By Skinem on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Good solid truck. Only 3 complaints with it thus far: VERY slow acceleration with the V6; typical Ford "phantom" wipers (electrical short in wiper stalk) and finally, poor gas mileage, but that's what you get with a little engine pulling around a large vehicle. Good all-around useful truck--very varsatile. Good daily friver and good work truck.

Great Deal / Great Quality !
By steve43888 on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I found this "Black Beauty" in a small country car lot. This 1999 XLT had only 31K miles (was a fleet truck). It checked out great and only had a few dings. I still have a few months left on the factory warranty. All of this with some optons (nerf bars, nice rims, new tires,ect.) for under 13K !

once a chevy man
By jeff scott on 02/28/02 19:16 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I was alittle aphrehensive buying a ford after having so many chevys, but the new truck is working out just fine.