Used 1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Shays Truck
By Shays Man

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I truly love my truck but the only thing I can think of is my upper and lower control arms are starting to pop and I think that whould have been a issue that should been handled from the factory.

I think the V6 needs much more towing power.

LUV my Ford But!!!
By CJ Ford

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is my favorite ford of the 5 I have owned, all 150 and 250 4x4's. However this is the most expensive truck I have owned. I have replaced the auto tranny, head gaskets, instrument cluster, both power door lock units and after several attemps to correct the left rear wheel locking up when applying a cold brake, i just gave up. It will turn heads and is a pleasure to drive when not driving the the local dealer service department! Oh, the top of the engine makes too much noise on a cold start.

Pretty fair truck
By JasonCOP

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I love the looks I get in this truck. I only wish the performance was as awesome. Its not bad, but not as good as I thought it would be knowing Fords record for performance.

The interior room is great for a regular cab pickup. The interior layout is driver friendly, and easy on the eyes. Plenty of storage space behind the seats, and in the center console.

Dont put the 4.2 liter in this truck. It does not have enough pep to pull a small lawn trailor without hanging in the passing gear. The fuel economy is not at all what I expected from a 6 cyl. (empty weight,no trailor)

Standard Ford Headaches
By red-truck

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck generates the standard Ford problems annually. The 'hem' seam on all four doors developed rust (which Ford refused to fix as the rust did not perforate the metal), phantom windshield wipers (unfixed), coil pack failure (1) and air conditioner refrigerant leaks requiring annual recharge and also the famous Ford door crack above the intersection of the front and rear door on both sides. The irritation is that these problems are all reported but Ford refused to address the problems until (reportedly and time will tell) the 2004 redesign. How does one say "Cash Cow".

Interior comfort; acceptable ride; electronic 4WD shift.

Manufacturer responding to customer 'quality' issues would be a refreshing change for Ford. Ford customer service is signficantly worse than that for my European sedan (both with similar MSRPs).

was the truck of my dreams
By read this

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

In june 2001 I bought a 99 modle with only 17000 on it . Since then I had to have 2 coil's put in under warr. In 03 for some reason the gasket around the rear sliding window sank in but the dealer would not replace it. and the extended would not cover . again in 03 the trucks drivers door started tearing the meatle at the bottom of the window at the rear corner. The dealer said it was common. not covered under extened warr. now the odometer comes and gos the dealer will fix it if I pay another $50. and it is one of the warr. codes in their computer.There is a drive train vibration from rear. the automatic transmittion sucks and truck dosnt handle.

body styleing is nice, the truck rides high for a factory unit (plus to me not for most).

I have seen the 04 but not driven one . I would hope that ford has gone the extra mile to fix these problems .