1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
f15099
By wwjd on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

other than routine service I have had no major problems. I bought the vehical eighteen months ago as a used vehical.

I never want another car again
By bbest on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

After driving this truck for the last three years, I'll never go back to a car. The ride is so smooth and in the snow it handles like a dream. I still need to remind myself every now and again that I am driving a full-sized truck, but it is worth it. Even with the 4.6L V-8 I still average almost 20MPG on a comute of almost 45 miles to work each day.

Reliable 1999 Lariat
By pbos on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

One-owner truck. No problems to date other than a turn signal stalk replaced under warranty during the first month of driving. 5.4l engine pulls boats, etc. very well; though, stock rear springs are too weak. Bed sags terribly with load of only one pallet of sod. Consider purchasing helper springs if you haul heavy loads.

Noisey Serpentine Belt
By captainb on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

So far so good. Great ride, decent mileage, good looking, and am satisfied. My only complaint is a noisey serpentine belt. It started making this horrible noise one day, that sounded like lifter noise. My mechanic smeared some silicon goo on the belt and it istantly stopped making the noise. Now I have my own tube of silicon goo (A grease I think)and every couple weeks I pop the hood and smear a little goo on the belt and ride in the quiet I'm used to. Anybody have a real fix for this problem ? Do you suppose an aftermarket belt would solve the problem ? Or would a OEM replacement work ? Or would I have the same old problem ?

Good All-Around Truck
By lashaw1002 on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Purchased used for family vehicle. Towed small fishing boat with no problems. Decent gas mileage for large truck. Very comfortable ride, interior fit and finish very good. Absolutely no mechanical problems, no repairs done in 2 1/2 years other than routine maintenance.

Air conditioning condenser POOR
By jusjoseph on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

The vehicle drives well, hauls well, tows well. In fact the only problem is the air conditoning condenser is going on it after only 3 years. It is over the warranty so one is stuck for $1000.00 job every couple of years if you live down south. It will last longer up north. Ford hasn't returned any of my calls on this matter.

Good Truck
By forduser on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

This has been a greaat truck with even alright fule milage. Great ride and even manageable to haul family around in.

junk ford
By raybone on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is a terrible truck....the brakes suck i have pistion slap the interior rattles...windshield wipers turn on spiratically....bottom of doors are rusted....and this truck only has 50,000 and its a 1999....very dissapointed espically considering truck was 31000 new. you cant get engine wet otherwise it studders like its running off of 6 cylinders.......maybe its just my truck but i think its junk

1999 Ford F150 XLT Xtended Cab SB
By Barryhandler on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck so far has been a dream. My very first pickup even though Texas has a lot of pickups. I had always been a GM buyer (Chevy Suburban, Olds, Cadillac--all new cars when purchased). I can see why the F150 is the best selling vehicle -- car or truck in the USA. The XLT has everything standard-- 1. Alarm system 2. Tinted windows 3. Stereo system 4. 40/60 seat with drop down center console I really want a new F150 Crewcab rig but right now I'll wait until times are better (after the Democrats get control of Congress) before I spend the money.

Rick's Truck
By RL on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Awesome off-road capabilities. Built solid. I'll hand this truck down to my grandson in about 25 years.