1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 6

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford F-150 Work 4dr Extended Cab SB

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Love my Off-Road!
By doddhawk on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a Triton 5.4L Off-Road4X4 and you won't find a better truck for the money! I use it to commute daily to work and on the rough side, I go 4- wheeling while ice-fishing and have been through the toughest(and deepest) mud holes in the outbacks of the Smokey Mountains...Ford tough is right!

Good Truck, bad safety
By drewjk on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

See IIHS 40mph offset test - very bad performance, would not buy another based on this test. Safety is bad, however drives good and is reliable Good quiet ride Great engine power Has been reliable Paint quality questionable some rattles Stereo CD player overheats and quits playing

What a truck!
By speedr180 on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Great truck, lots of power in the 4.6 liter V8, had a red truck so i got a lot of looks in it, and it was very mechanically sound with no major problems in the 80,000 miles i owned it. Got hit in the passenger side by a minivan, but nobody got hurt thanks to the high ride height and the truck took all the impact, I felt very safe in it.

My F1504x4
By BYGBRI on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

As of Apr. 15, 2003 the following have been repaired/replaced on my 5.4L, 4x4, 4R100(E4OD) trans: 1) Passenger side head gasket. 2) Rear window seal has been replaced. 3) 1st trans rebuild at 30k miles. 4) 2nd trans rebuil at 56k miles.

Awesome
By dmoran on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Great Truck, no wonder it's the number 1 selling!

pretty good workhorse
By myziopix44 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Use the truck as a truck to haul hay etc. also commute daily in it to work as well as 4wD for fun occasionally. No problems so far. Feels safe and powerful. Mileage is about 14.5 overall, not bad for a 5.4 V8. Good lighting at night. Stops fast for a truck, I have the optional 4W discs.

the best truck ive ever owned
By rejl55 on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

the best truck ive ever owned

F150 A Great Truck
By AKB on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This is a great Vehicle

An American Icon
By benzcrazy1 on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have a 1999 Ford F-150 XL 4x2 X-Cab, it is a great truck. I would drive it anywhere! It has served me well! When it comes time to trade I will definiately buy another one. There is no other truck like it out there.

Lariat 101
By Daytek on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I became a Ford owner in 1992 and never looked back. I use my Lariat to pull a fifth wheel during vacation and put over 6000 miles in 4 to 5 weeks. Not a hitch. I also use it to transport my snowmachine and quad, again no problems. The only negative thing I can say about my truck is that the back springs are not as stiff as I would like. Anyway, I like my truck and intend to buy another within the next year or so.