Used 1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Bad Gaskets!
By Robert

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

The truck has been fine and I've babied it for six years. In the past three years, it's been a third vehicle, so hasn't gotten much use. Now I discovered it needs a head gasket replaced! This is a $2,000 job and I find this unacceptable for a babied, 75,000-mile vehicle. Last Ford I will ever own.

Reliability, fuel economy, comfort.

Love my Ford Truck
By Great Truck

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck from my father in law. His loss. It is a fantastic truck. No major problems. It is a four wheeling beast in the sand dunes. Never was a Ford fan before but my next truck will probably be a Ford again after my time spent with this one.

Step side body style and 4x4 height make for an impressive exterior. Leather interior is comfortable even in the Texas sun. Smooth ride. Climbs sand dunes without any problems. I haven't customized my truck for 4x4ing; it was all done with stock. Big 5.4 V8 has plenty of power.

An excellent pick up truck
By Robert

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have had NO problems with this vehicle. I moved from LA to then moved back to AL and coming back I towed another vehicle behind me. As you can imagine going through the Rocky Mountains towing a car behind me might seem difficult. But not this truck. It held its own and then some with the flow of traffic. No problems going UP mountains. A/C,P/W,P/L all still work fine. Killer Stereo. As you can tell I crazy in love with my F150 XLT Triton V8 truck!

The COMFORT, AC, POWER ... I guess you could say the whole package!

I can't think of anything that would improve on what is already offered.

Fine Ford Product
By George

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck three years ago with 67,000 miles. It has been GREAT! Only repairs were a rebuilt alternator, and brake disks, front. Otherwise, it hasn't missed a lick, great seats, decent mileage. Ride is a little bouncy without a load, but less than my neighbors nearly new Dodge 4 x 4. Would definitely buy it again.

Could stand help with the ride, but I guess Ford knows that, given recent improvements; still, it's better than most.

Ford - BiG Disappointment
By RodmanC

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My F150 has been a big letdown. I didn't expect a perfect truck, but come on, Ford quality stinks. I paid $27,000 for my Sport 4X4. I got (all within 3 years): 1. A front bumper rusting - Ford fixed. 2. Side step rails rusting - Ford replaced. 3. Inside of all doors at bottom rusted - Ford repaired. This winter had to remove rust and fix myself or doors would be damaged badly if I waited for spring. The doors still have me worried. 4. Back window now leaks. 5. The front brakes (I do my own) had rusted rotors (after 2 years); that amazed me. 6. I have that faint fatigue crack on the doors from the windows pushing up and causing a crack. Future problem! 7. My back bumper has rust bubbles now.

The truck looks great. Runs good when all of the cylinders are working. The CD changer works well.

Quality, the rust on the body parts. The frame, brake lines, everything that faces the road rusts, rusts and rusts.

• SUV