Used 1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

An excellent pick up truck
By Robert

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I have had NO problems with this vehicle. I moved from LA to then moved back to AL and coming back I towed another vehicle behind me. As you can imagine going through the Rocky Mountains towing a car behind me might seem difficult. But not this truck. It held its own and then some with the flow of traffic. No problems going UP mountains. A/C,P/W,P/L all still work fine. Killer Stereo. As you can tell I crazy in love with my F150 XLT Triton V8 truck!

Favorite Features

The COMFORT, AC, POWER ... I guess you could say the whole package!

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything that would improve on what is already offered.

Fine Ford Product
By George

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck three years ago with 67,000 miles. It has been GREAT! Only repairs were a rebuilt alternator, and brake disks, front. Otherwise, it hasn't missed a lick, great seats, decent mileage. Ride is a little bouncy without a load, but less than my neighbors nearly new Dodge 4 x 4. Would definitely buy it again.

Suggested Improvements

Could stand help with the ride, but I guess Ford knows that, given recent improvements; still, it's better than most.

Ford - BiG Disappointment
By RodmanC

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My F150 has been a big letdown. I didn't expect a perfect truck, but come on, Ford quality stinks. I paid $27,000 for my Sport 4X4. I got (all within 3 years): 1. A front bumper rusting - Ford fixed. 2. Side step rails rusting - Ford replaced. 3. Inside of all doors at bottom rusted - Ford repaired. This winter had to remove rust and fix myself or doors would be damaged badly if I waited for spring. The doors still have me worried. 4. Back window now leaks. 5. The front brakes (I do my own) had rusted rotors (after 2 years); that amazed me. 6. I have that faint fatigue crack on the doors from the windows pushing up and causing a crack. Future problem! 7. My back bumper has rust bubbles now.

Favorite Features

The truck looks great. Runs good when all of the cylinders are working. The CD changer works well.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, the rust on the body parts. The frame, brake lines, everything that faces the road rusts, rusts and rusts.

Great Ride with Good Reliability
By Jack Barritt

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck with 20,000 miles in 2000 and 4 years later have 117,000. It has the 4.6L V-8 that has adaquate power but gas mileage has been around 14 mpg with local driving. Overall, the truck rides well and has been very dependable. I did have to get the transmission rebuilt at 100,000 miles which set me back $1900 but otherwise the truck has required little maintenance and still runs and rides very well. I plan to keep it several more years.

Favorite Features

Split rear window, 4 doors, ride quality

Suggested Improvements

The brakes are weak. Wish it had 4 wheel discs

Should have bought an 8
By Thornburg

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

My truck has the 4.2 V6. For towing you definetly need the V8. The good news is my fuel economy is 19.7 on the freeway and 15.5 city. Not bad for a full size truck. Very reliable to drive and very comfortable for a familly of 4 when traveling. I would tell anyone to buy one for a second or even a first familly vehicle.

Favorite Features

Great veiw with no blind spots. Low cost of maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a V8 with the 5 speed manual transmission.