1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
TRUCK
By BOB MOORE on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I LOVE MY TRUCK, BUT HATE THE ENGINE CST ALU. BLEW A PLUG AT 45 MPH. DEALER WANTED 3500.00$ TO FIX. GETTING IT DONE CHEEPER!!!!!

never stuck
By brickman on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had my truck for 2 years now, & am still very pleased with it.I use it to pull trailers weighing from 1500- 8000lbs. The 4.6 with a 5-speed is'nt the most powerful engine on the block, but it does okay, even when the truck is grossly overloaded. This truck is the best truck ever in the mud, with 32" mud tires it is almost unstoppable.

Great Truck but WEAK TRANSMISSION
By texastman on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Great truck except for the total transmission failure @ 65,000. All service had been done but Ford said tuff luck and I paid $2400 for a replacement from Ford

Ford the best built, best looking truck
By Gary Statham on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

My 1999 F-150 Lariat S/C flareside has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. The truck has 79,000+ miles on it and has not had a wrench touch it other than regular oil and filter changes, and tire rotation. I have the 4.6 litre engine which has plenty of power for my needs. It has the limited slip rearend and I get 18 mpg on highway. I hate to see Ford change the body style in 2004. I've seen the new body style and don't like it compared to the 1997 through 2003 body style. I would like to buy a new 2003 Lariat 4x4 crewcab before all of them are sold. They are the best looking truck on the road by far.

built ford tough
By svtatford on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck has no rattles inside or out. This truck is the most reliable truck I have ever had.

My First Ford
By Bryan13 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I was always a Chevrolet man until recently. I became a pretty good shade tree mechanic thanks to a 96 Silverado I had. So this time around I decided to give Ford a try. I am Very Happy I did because it has been the best riding truck I have ever owned.

Great Truck
By seilerr on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Have had the truck for 4 years and it runs great. Had only 1 unscheduled maintenance to fix a turn signal switch under warrenty, and that's it. Great truck.

It's an OK truck, not more.
By PeterPan on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had the truck for 3 years now and have put over 75,000 miles on it. I've had two mechanical problems. The first was a leaking transmission (which, by coincidence, occurred just after I had the transmission serviced at 60,000 miles), and the second was a faulty idle seloniod. I had the dealer repair the transmission leak ($300) and a local mechanic repair the idle selonoid ($130). The pickup is due for another set of tire soon. Overall I've been pleased with the vehicle.

Love my Off-Road!
By doddhawk on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a Triton 5.4L Off-Road4X4 and you won't find a better truck for the money! I use it to commute daily to work and on the rough side, I go 4- wheeling while ice-fishing and have been through the toughest(and deepest) mud holes in the outbacks of the Smokey Mountains...Ford tough is right!

Great Truck
By mikeD on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Love this Ford. Dependable. Great ride. Acceptable fuel rating.