1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Remarkable
By ptcooper on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Love the ride. Love the looks. Love the cd/cassette. Love the remarks from others. Love the room

What a great vehicle
By avrz10 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I had always owned imports because of the reliability, 115,000 miles later the only thing I have done to this truck is put gas in it and change the oil and one set of tires. It runs like new, drives like new. Amazing Great work Ford! The only complaint I have is the wind noise while on the Highway could be quieter, I guess 2004 fixes this. I have the 4.6 V8 and get about 17-19 mpg on this truck. I will be buying a new super crew to replace this as my kids are getting older.

My first truck!
By dseifried on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first experience with a truck, as I have been shopping for several years. Have rented several brands, for short periods of time, mainly Rangers & S10's. I am really glad I went with the F150 (full size), as it is much better driving, than the smaller pick-ups. What a dream to drive, especially on the road. It is one, great truck!

TRUCK
By BOB MOORE on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I LOVE MY TRUCK, BUT HATE THE ENGINE CST ALU. BLEW A PLUG AT 45 MPH. DEALER WANTED 3500.00$ TO FIX. GETTING IT DONE CHEEPER!!!!!

Great Truck but WEAK TRANSMISSION
By texastman on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Great truck except for the total transmission failure @ 65,000. All service had been done but Ford said tuff luck and I paid $2400 for a replacement from Ford

Ford the best built, best looking truck
By Gary Statham on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

My 1999 F-150 Lariat S/C flareside has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. The truck has 79,000+ miles on it and has not had a wrench touch it other than regular oil and filter changes, and tire rotation. I have the 4.6 litre engine which has plenty of power for my needs. It has the limited slip rearend and I get 18 mpg on highway. I hate to see Ford change the body style in 2004. I've seen the new body style and don't like it compared to the 1997 through 2003 body style. I would like to buy a new 2003 Lariat 4x4 crewcab before all of them are sold. They are the best looking truck on the road by far.

built ford tough
By svtatford on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this truck has no rattles inside or out. This truck is the most reliable truck I have ever had.

My First Ford
By Bryan13 on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I was always a Chevrolet man until recently. I became a pretty good shade tree mechanic thanks to a 96 Silverado I had. So this time around I decided to give Ford a try. I am Very Happy I did because it has been the best riding truck I have ever owned.

Great Truck
By seilerr on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Have had the truck for 4 years and it runs great. Had only 1 unscheduled maintenance to fix a turn signal switch under warrenty, and that's it. Great truck.

It's an OK truck, not more.
By PeterPan on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had the truck for 3 years now and have put over 75,000 miles on it. I've had two mechanical problems. The first was a leaking transmission (which, by coincidence, occurred just after I had the transmission serviced at 60,000 miles), and the second was a faulty idle seloniod. I had the dealer repair the transmission leak ($300) and a local mechanic repair the idle selonoid ($130). The pickup is due for another set of tire soon. Overall I've been pleased with the vehicle.