1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
has been a real workhorse
By shackleman on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 155,000 miles on the odometer and it still drives great. I have only replaced the brakes, alternator, and door lock relay. I drive alot- but use it regularly to haul hay. I cannot believe I'm not having to look for a new truck yet. I do routine maintenance but this truck has held up better than any truck I've ever owned including multiple GMC. I very glad ford had a rebate the week I went looking for a new truck

Surprises after 50.000 miles
By B Scott on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Loved truck until recent maintenance. Anyone else believe that new rotors (deep rust pits), new headgasket and new power steering pump should ALL be required after only 4 years and 50,000 very easy (no towing, off-road etc.) miles? Wonderful vehicle turned into major disappointment.

The Perfect Truck
By Lucwolf on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I got the 6 cylinder, standard 5 speed tranny. Enjoy the truck and get a lot of compliments on it still. Have it loaded up with a lot of appearance items. NEVER been in for service other than regular maintenance. Built in Canada makes a difference. It sits outside for weeks at a time and does not get driven, yet starts up right away every time. My 3rd F150. all been the same. No problems. PERFECT

Great Truck
By RYNO369 on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

My ford F150 was my first vehicle, and I bought it used with 100,000 miles, and it still runs like a new one. I always know it will get me where i want to be and on time. My next truck will be the same, a more expensive model.

nice ride
By rooster5 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

no complaints. still tight and rides good. Steering wheel leather wears off. Seats have a small split in leather. WORK ON THIS FORD MOTOR COMPANY! Other than that, no complaints

engine noise
By machinerep on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

My 99 f150 had about 85,000 mile on it and the engine started making noise when I start the truck up when it has been sitting for awhile the engine makes a rattling noise the noise sounds like a rod knock I change the oil every 3 thousand miles. I am not happy with the engine quality I had a chevy blazer I put 240, miles on it plus plowed with it for three years and the engine was still quiet. This pickup is not used for heavy towing I use it back and forth for work and tow a little trailer. I do believe my next truck will be a chevy it has 100, on it right now I am hoping nothing happens I have to let the truck sit and warm up before driving.

So far so good
By Ed in Atlanta on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my first domestic truck recently and so far it has worked well. Brakes leave a little to be desired. Build quality is not on par with the imports, but I've come to expect that from the domestic auto makers.

Remarkable
By ptcooper on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Love the ride. Love the looks. Love the cd/cassette. Love the remarks from others. Love the room

What a great vehicle
By avrz10 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

I had always owned imports because of the reliability, 115,000 miles later the only thing I have done to this truck is put gas in it and change the oil and one set of tires. It runs like new, drives like new. Amazing Great work Ford! The only complaint I have is the wind noise while on the Highway could be quieter, I guess 2004 fixes this. I have the 4.6 V8 and get about 17-19 mpg on this truck. I will be buying a new super crew to replace this as my kids are getting older.

My first truck!
By dseifried on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is my first experience with a truck, as I have been shopping for several years. Have rented several brands, for short periods of time, mainly Rangers & S10's. I am really glad I went with the F150 (full size), as it is much better driving, than the smaller pick-ups. What a dream to drive, especially on the road. It is one, great truck!