1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
F-150 -- Good Truck
By TCU Guy on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been a great one to own, but I am ready for something that gets a little better gas mileage. The only problem I have had with the truck is Ford brakes. This is the second Ford I have owned and had the same issues with both vehicles.

LUV my Ford But!!!
By CJ Ford on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab LB

This is my favorite ford of the 5 I have owned, all 150 and 250 4x4's. However this is the most expensive truck I have owned. I have replaced the auto tranny, head gaskets, instrument cluster, both power door lock units and after several attemps to correct the left rear wheel locking up when applying a cold brake, i just gave up. It will turn heads and is a pleasure to drive when not driving the the local dealer service department! Oh, the top of the engine makes too much noise on a cold start.

Standard Ford Headaches
By red-truck on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My truck generates the standard Ford problems annually. The 'hem' seam on all four doors developed rust (which Ford refused to fix as the rust did not perforate the metal), phantom windshield wipers (unfixed), coil pack failure (1) and air conditioner refrigerant leaks requiring annual recharge and also the famous Ford door crack above the intersection of the front and rear door on both sides. The irritation is that these problems are all reported but Ford refused to address the problems until (reportedly and time will tell) the 2004 redesign. How does one say "Cash Cow".

was the truck of my dreams
By read this on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

In june 2001 I bought a 99 modle with only 17000 on it . Since then I had to have 2 coil's put in under warr. In 03 for some reason the gasket around the rear sliding window sank in but the dealer would not replace it. and the extended would not cover . again in 03 the trucks drivers door started tearing the meatle at the bottom of the window at the rear corner. The dealer said it was common. not covered under extened warr. now the odometer comes and gos the dealer will fix it if I pay another $50. and it is one of the warr. codes in their computer.There is a drive train vibration from rear. the automatic transmittion sucks and truck dosnt handle.

has been a real workhorse
By shackleman on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have 155,000 miles on the odometer and it still drives great. I have only replaced the brakes, alternator, and door lock relay. I drive alot- but use it regularly to haul hay. I cannot believe I'm not having to look for a new truck yet. I do routine maintenance but this truck has held up better than any truck I've ever owned including multiple GMC. I very glad ford had a rebate the week I went looking for a new truck

Surprises after 50.000 miles
By B Scott on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Loved truck until recent maintenance. Anyone else believe that new rotors (deep rust pits), new headgasket and new power steering pump should ALL be required after only 4 years and 50,000 very easy (no towing, off-road etc.) miles? Wonderful vehicle turned into major disappointment.

Great Truck
By RYNO369 on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab SB

My ford F150 was my first vehicle, and I bought it used with 100,000 miles, and it still runs like a new one. I always know it will get me where i want to be and on time. My next truck will be the same, a more expensive model.

nice ride
By rooster5 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

no complaints. still tight and rides good. Steering wheel leather wears off. Seats have a small split in leather. WORK ON THIS FORD MOTOR COMPANY! Other than that, no complaints

engine noise
By machinerep on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

My 99 f150 had about 85,000 mile on it and the engine started making noise when I start the truck up when it has been sitting for awhile the engine makes a rattling noise the noise sounds like a rod knock I change the oil every 3 thousand miles. I am not happy with the engine quality I had a chevy blazer I put 240, miles on it plus plowed with it for three years and the engine was still quiet. This pickup is not used for heavy towing I use it back and forth for work and tow a little trailer. I do believe my next truck will be a chevy it has 100, on it right now I am hoping nothing happens I have to let the truck sit and warm up before driving.

So far so good
By Ed in Atlanta on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my first domestic truck recently and so far it has worked well. Brakes leave a little to be desired. Build quality is not on par with the imports, but I've come to expect that from the domestic auto makers.