Used 1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Pretty fair truck
By JasonCOP

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I love the looks I get in this truck. I only wish the performance was as awesome. Its not bad, but not as good as I thought it would be knowing Fords record for performance.

The interior room is great for a regular cab pickup. The interior layout is driver friendly, and easy on the eyes. Plenty of storage space behind the seats, and in the center console.

Dont put the 4.2 liter in this truck. It does not have enough pep to pull a small lawn trailor without hanging in the passing gear. The fuel economy is not at all what I expected from a 6 cyl. (empty weight,no trailor)

The Perfect Truck
By Lucwolf

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I got the 6 cylinder, standard 5 speed tranny. Enjoy the truck and get a lot of compliments on it still. Have it loaded up with a lot of appearance items. NEVER been in for service other than regular maintenance. Built in Canada makes a difference. It sits outside for weeks at a time and does not get driven, yet starts up right away every time. My 3rd F150. all been the same. No problems. PERFECT

Armrest storage, seats, dashboard, cold air, upholstery fabric, visibility.

Security key is great, but no other protection for vehicle. Needs break-in security. 5 speed is a bit vague for gear changing. 6 cylinder is not up to hauling a heavy load.

never stuck
By brickman

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had my truck for 2 years now, & am still very pleased with it.I use it to pull trailers weighing from 1500- 8000lbs. The 4.6 with a 5-speed is'nt the most powerful engine on the block, but it does okay, even when the truck is grossly overloaded. This truck is the best truck ever in the mud, with 32" mud tires it is almost unstoppable.

Awesome 4wd capability, cold ac, smooth manual trans, cool interior, looks tough

Maybe more power in the small V-8, the anti-theft device in the $120 key has to occasionally be re-programmed, manual locking hubs

Great Truck
By mikeD

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Love this Ford. Dependable. Great ride. Acceptable fuel rating.

Comfort. Dependability.

Ford F150 4wd 5.4 litre
By DavetheWave

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck used with 42000 miles on it and now I have 54000 miles with very little problems. I have had to replace one coil on plug and sometimes have an injector that gets plugged but a little injector cleaner and she runs great! I love the torque of the 5.4 and the trucks rides nd tracks wel on the road. I would buy another and recommend to anyone.

That has to be my 5.4! Loads of torque!

More supportive seats and better fuel mileage. I do good to get 16mpg on the highway!