Used 1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Hard truck to kill.
By Hybris

1999 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck overall, it may not have the power or ride of the newer truck but in brute reliability this truck has done me well. Its a truck with a 2v 5.4 so good mileage is not a goal to reach for but I can hit 15 mpg if I baby it. In terms of power it still has lots of get up and go and will easily pull my 7900lb car carrier in the hills of Kansas. On maintenance it can be hard to do somethings like change out plugs because of how tight the engine bay is but otherwise its a good way for a beginning DIY person to learn how to work on a truck. The interior is in my experience indestructible save for the cloth seats which are a wear item anyway. I will never have a truck without Vinyl floors.

Good power, indestructible interior, reasonably easy to work on.

Wish I had gotten a late model 99 with four wheel disc brakes. Would also like to see frame mounted running boards or Nerf bars as a possible aftermarket accessory.

Well pleased with it
By Charles

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new in late 1999. It has been a great truck. Has 82,000 miles and I replaced the front brake pads at about 70,000 and replaced the drivers electric door lock at around 50,000. Has all the power I need (5.4 engine). Gas mileage is 14-17 mpg. I have owned 2 new Ford, and 4 new Chevy trucks in my life and while I liked both I have to give Ford the edge in quality in these 6 trucks.

quality, looks.

Softer ride on 4x4. Improve MPG by 2-3.

Awesome Truck!
By Hayden

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My dad bought this f150 on july 20th, 1999. It has 64,100 miles on it, and it is going strong! This truck is now mine, I turned 16 in January, and i'm getting my license on friday. The 5.4l is one of the best engines Ford has built. It hasn't given us that many problems yet. It will be 12 years old in a little less than 3 months, and i plan to drive it until the day i either total it, or it dies on me.

SVT Lightning wheels, lowered suspension, magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, and the growl when you step on the throttle!

Better transmission (Had to be rebuilt at 30,000 miles), and fix the coil on plug problem.

Good truck
By Ralph

1999 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I looked high and low and found my 99 F150 lariat, extended cab, 3 door, 5.4 Triton. I love the design. My truck rund and drives great, Gas mileage not so good for a daily driver. I average 14 Mpg. Lots of power, and pickup. The only thing I have done is regular oil changes, and tire rotation. I did replace the front break pads. It was very easy. If you're looking for a good truck, Ford makes one.

3rd door, sits up high, quiet engine, good looks.

I know I have a huge engine, but gas mileage is terrible.

What the Heck?
By Ricky

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Took a chance and bought this F150 xlt w/ a 4.2 v6 engine w/ 77500 miles on it. Being a Ford truck, I expected at least 200,000 miles out of it. Only got 115,000 before the engine threw a rod. I babied the truck above and beyond what it was called for. During my three years of ownership, replaced 4 tires, o2 sensor, alternator ($600),belts, 2 sets of sparksplugs. And the worst of all, $2900 for a whole new front suspension. Plus alot of little things that adds up to alot of money. I know when you by a used car or truck, you are going to spend a little money to bring it up to standard. But, come on that much on a Ford truck. I'm very disappoint and looking for a different truck.

Nice styling, handle real nice on the highway

Improve the quality of the engines