1999 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: 1999 Ford F150 XLT Xtended Cab

1999 Ford F-150 - Consumer Review

XLT Extended Cab Pickup (4.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

1999 Ford F150 XLT Xtended Cab SB
By Barryhandler on

1999 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck so far has been a dream. My very first pickup even though Texas has a lot of pickups. I had always been a GM buyer (Chevy Suburban, Olds, Cadillac--all new cars when purchased). I can see why the F150 is the best selling vehicle -- car or truck in the USA. The XLT has everything standard-- 1. Alarm system 2. Tinted windows 3. Stereo system 4. 40/60 seat with drop down center console I really want a new F150 Crewcab rig but right now I'll wait until times are better (after the Democrats get control of Congress) before I spend the money.

The standard 40/60 split seat. The 4 doors the old model w/no rear doors -- a pain to get into and out of the back seat. The interior colors and fabric are high quality. My neighbor has a $70,000 Lexus SUV that just barely matches my truck ( $22,000) The factory stereo has great sound.

A slightly wider rear seating area for the Xtended Cab model would be better- the GM pickups have a slightly wider door and its noticeable for the xtra leg room. Please drop the carpet--very impractical -- cab the carpet gets wet and messy--the vinyl floor is best.