1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Good truck
By Dan on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Work 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck for cheap a little over 2 years ago, knowing it needed a rear end. I had that done, then the auto trans went out! It seems the previous owner had seriously abused the truck by pulling overweight trailers (10,000+ pounds!) for long distances. Recently, the V6 engine's intake manifold gasket leaked, allowing a cylinder to fill with coolant. When I tried to start it the next time, it hydro-locked and bent the rod. The engine's being rebuilt. This truck has over 260,000 miles on it, and it was abused by the previous owner for many of those miles. Considering what I paid for it, and it's now basically a completely new drivetrain, I feel like I got a decent deal.

Hard truck to kill.
By Hybris on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Great truck overall, it may not have the power or ride of the newer truck but in brute reliability this truck has done me well. Its a truck with a 2v 5.4 so good mileage is not a goal to reach for but I can hit 15 mpg if I baby it. In terms of power it still has lots of get up and go and will easily pull my 7900lb car carrier in the hills of Kansas. On maintenance it can be hard to do somethings like change out plugs because of how tight the engine bay is but otherwise its a good way for a beginning DIY person to learn how to work on a truck. The interior is in my experience indestructible save for the cloth seats which are a wear item anyway. I will never have a truck without Vinyl floors.

1999 4WD 5.4 liter standard cab SB
By David Hine on 01/07/06 16:33 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This has been a great truck. The only problem I have had is burnt out coils on the plugs. I have replaced three in four years which I guess isn't too bad.The 5.4 liter engine has great torque and has easily out run many Chevrolets with 5.7 liter engines. The ride quality is good but gas mileage really blows, I do good to get 14 miles per gallon in mixed driving. But the truck is still tight with no rattles at 71000 miles. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful, reliable truck.

Solid truck 99 XL
By E.K. on 01/05/05 20:48 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I am happy with my truck purchase. I researched the small & full sized trucks and had to consider the F-150 since it is the most popular vehicle ever built. The XL is the low end model but the interior is still quite nice. I have had to replace to ABS sensor for the rear brakes for about $21. No other problems yet. Seems very well built. I like the new F-150 also and may trade up in a year or two.

Shays Truck
By Shays Man on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I truly love my truck but the only thing I can think of is my upper and lower control arms are starting to pop and I think that whould have been a issue that should been handled from the factory.

Pretty fair truck
By JasonCOP on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I love the looks I get in this truck. I only wish the performance was as awesome. Its not bad, but not as good as I thought it would be knowing Fords record for performance.

The Perfect Truck
By Lucwolf on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

I got the 6 cylinder, standard 5 speed tranny. Enjoy the truck and get a lot of compliments on it still. Have it loaded up with a lot of appearance items. NEVER been in for service other than regular maintenance. Built in Canada makes a difference. It sits outside for weeks at a time and does not get driven, yet starts up right away every time. My 3rd F150. all been the same. No problems. PERFECT

never stuck
By brickman on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have had my truck for 2 years now, & am still very pleased with it.I use it to pull trailers weighing from 1500- 8000lbs. The 4.6 with a 5-speed is'nt the most powerful engine on the block, but it does okay, even when the truck is grossly overloaded. This truck is the best truck ever in the mud, with 32" mud tires it is almost unstoppable.

Great Truck
By mikeD on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Love this Ford. Dependable. Great ride. Acceptable fuel rating.

Ford F150 4wd 5.4 litre
By DavetheWave on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck used with 42000 miles on it and now I have 54000 miles with very little problems. I have had to replace one coil on plug and sometimes have an injector that gets plugged but a little injector cleaner and she runs great! I love the torque of the 5.4 and the trucks rides nd tracks wel on the road. I would buy another and recommend to anyone.