1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Good truck
By Ralph on 04/18/10 04:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I looked high and low and found my 99 F150 lariat, extended cab, 3 door, 5.4 Triton. I love the design. My truck rund and drives great, Gas mileage not so good for a daily driver. I average 14 Mpg. Lots of power, and pickup. The only thing I have done is regular oil changes, and tire rotation. I did replace the front break pads. It was very easy. If you're looking for a good truck, Ford makes one.

awesome truck
By jb on 12/23/09 19:35 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck now has 290,000 miles on it and I still drive it everyday. I put 285 bfg's on it and I still get about 13 mpg. I have replaced a few coils, but they are cheap and easy to do yourself. I kept thinking it would crap out, but it's still running strong. Ford finally did something right.

242,000 miles and still going strong
By Bennett on 11/16/08 18:24 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought this truck with over 110,000 miles on the 5.4 Liter engine for $6,000 5 years ago. The guy that owned it before me towed flat bed trailers loaded with steel across country for a living. I was scared as heck to buy it, but I've always been a Ford man so went by faith. Well I've got 242,000 miles on the engine and all is great. Not near as snappy off the block or as tight, but I can still press the gas in congested driving situations and blow the doors off anyone. I love this truck so much. I'm about to buy my next used Ford F150 Lariat with a 100,000 miles on it. Embarrassed to say, but I've let the engine run out of oil at least 3 times (dry as a bone). Oe tough engine!

Quarter of a million miles still OK
By karaokeman on 04/05/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought it new, dealer installed lowering, 2" front, 3" rear, rides great, very fast, comfortable, easy access. Tricked out with $6,000 extras, snug top tonneau cover, air lifts, running boards, pin striping, etc., still get compliments on quality & looks. Never used 100,000 extended warrenty, however R & R differential at 158,000, and R & R radiator at 190,000. Otherwise just routine maintnance. Only disappointment is brakes, low pedal, too much effort, warp at drop of the hat, & early wearout until changed to drilled rotors & ceramic pads at 120,000...should have done this when new. With front end lowered, went through factory & top-of-the-line Big O with 28,000 to 33,000.

Transmmission Issues
By unikeimage on 09/21/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I've had the truck for about 4 years. I bought the truck from my dad he bought it brand new in 99 and has always kept up with the maintenence. The truck never felt like it was shifting right. The first trans. went out at about 77k miles it has 177k know and the second trans. has gone out it was also a ford trans. installed @ a ford dealer. The truck was mainly driven by my wife and she has a light foot and is very easy on cars. The engine sounds great and other than minor things such as sensors and plugs its done a great job staying together. This will be the third transmission on this truck but now I went with a transmission expert hopefully this is the last transmission for this truck.

nice ride
By rooster5 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

no complaints. still tight and rides good. Steering wheel leather wears off. Seats have a small split in leather. WORK ON THIS FORD MOTOR COMPANY! Other than that, no complaints

So far so good
By Ed in Atlanta on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

Bought my first domestic truck recently and so far it has worked well. Brakes leave a little to be desired. Build quality is not on par with the imports, but I've come to expect that from the domestic auto makers.

Reliable 1999 Lariat
By pbos on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

One-owner truck. No problems to date other than a turn signal stalk replaced under warranty during the first month of driving. 5.4l engine pulls boats, etc. very well; though, stock rear springs are too weak. Bed sags terribly with load of only one pallet of sod. Consider purchasing helper springs if you haul heavy loads.

Great Vehicle
By Sandra on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I had great luck with all my previous Ford vehicles so I bought another. It has 50,000 miles and has never been in for anything but maintenance. Still no interior rattles despite the rough roads I drive. Of course, it uses a lot of gas, but I guess it is not too bad for the size of the engine. My only complaint is that it is not ergonomically designed for a woman. I can not get the seat comfortable for my arm length.