Used 1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

bad truck
By Gen

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I own a 1999 f150 and I hate it. I bought a toyota tundra a few weeks ago and I'll never buy another ford. But my 99 ford broke everywhere week the back window leaked and tons of rust on it. I got terrible gas mileage I was lucky to get 8 mpg it was bad. I'd fix 1 thing then another thing would break. It had 128,000 miles on it. I'll never buy another ford I put 3 front ends on it I hated it. I just came to the point that I got tired of fixing it so like I said I went out and bought a toyota tundra and I love it.

Best Ford in the world
By Juan

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We purchase the F-150 with 140,000 miles an know is over 220,000 miles an never rely had a problem only part we had to replace was an alternator, tires, and wiper blades. The F-150 still very original even has the original battery. The 4WD was amazing she could pass through the snow, and mud with no problem. Got amazing gas millage for a pickup, we could over 8 hours of driving without having to think were to stop for gas. Has the strong running 5.4(330) which is fun to drive around if you get what I mean. The box is pretty good size not to short or to long there is more space then some of the newer replacement. The F-150 was decent at towing you just may loose the good mpg other than that you will pull just find. We still have the F-150 but after 9 years of running strong she blew a sparkplug coil. We took it to get fix with our local mechanic and he end up making a big hole on the engine head so we now looking for an engine head to get it up an running.

Ford in Front
By john

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck in 02 with 55,000 miles, great looking, still get compliments. Runs great, 200,000 mi, only changed one coil pack and 2 alternators. Some cold weather knock as of late but thats been all. Very happy and will stay with Ford, although never had Chevy truck trouble either. 4WD works great, tows good, breaking with trailer less than optimal as rear drum breaks are on this truck.

Height of truck, stock 4x4 sits high and proud. Sounds great with cat converters only.

4 wheel disc on this model

Well pleased with it
By Charles

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new in late 1999. It has been a great truck. Has 82,000 miles and I replaced the front brake pads at about 70,000 and replaced the drivers electric door lock at around 50,000. Has all the power I need (5.4 engine). Gas mileage is 14-17 mpg. I have owned 2 new Ford, and 4 new Chevy trucks in my life and while I liked both I have to give Ford the edge in quality in these 6 trucks.

quality, looks.

Softer ride on 4x4. Improve MPG by 2-3.

Awesome Truck!
By Hayden

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My dad bought this f150 on july 20th, 1999. It has 64,100 miles on it, and it is going strong! This truck is now mine, I turned 16 in January, and i'm getting my license on friday. The 5.4l is one of the best engines Ford has built. It hasn't given us that many problems yet. It will be 12 years old in a little less than 3 months, and i plan to drive it until the day i either total it, or it dies on me.

SVT Lightning wheels, lowered suspension, magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, and the growl when you step on the throttle!

Better transmission (Had to be rebuilt at 30,000 miles), and fix the coil on plug problem.

• SUV