1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Ford in Front
By john on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought this truck in 02 with 55,000 miles, great looking, still get compliments. Runs great, 200,000 mi, only changed one coil pack and 2 alternators. Some cold weather knock as of late but thats been all. Very happy and will stay with Ford, although never had Chevy truck trouble either. 4WD works great, tows good, breaking with trailer less than optimal as rear drum breaks are on this truck.

Well pleased with it
By Charles on 08/28/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new in late 1999. It has been a great truck. Has 82,000 miles and I replaced the front brake pads at about 70,000 and replaced the drivers electric door lock at around 50,000. Has all the power I need (5.4 engine). Gas mileage is 14-17 mpg. I have owned 2 new Ford, and 4 new Chevy trucks in my life and while I liked both I have to give Ford the edge in quality in these 6 trucks.

Awesome Truck!
By Hayden on 04/26/10 18:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My dad bought this f150 on july 20th, 1999. It has 64,100 miles on it, and it is going strong! This truck is now mine, I turned 16 in January, and i'm getting my license on friday. The 5.4l is one of the best engines Ford has built. It hasn't given us that many problems yet. It will be 12 years old in a little less than 3 months, and i plan to drive it until the day i either total it, or it dies on me.

Good truck
By Ralph on 04/18/10 04:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

I looked high and low and found my 99 F150 lariat, extended cab, 3 door, 5.4 Triton. I love the design. My truck rund and drives great, Gas mileage not so good for a daily driver. I average 14 Mpg. Lots of power, and pickup. The only thing I have done is regular oil changes, and tire rotation. I did replace the front break pads. It was very easy. If you're looking for a good truck, Ford makes one.

What the Heck?
By Ricky on 02/22/10 08:51 AM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

Took a chance and bought this F150 xlt w/ a 4.2 v6 engine w/ 77500 miles on it. Being a Ford truck, I expected at least 200,000 miles out of it. Only got 115,000 before the engine threw a rod. I babied the truck above and beyond what it was called for. During my three years of ownership, replaced 4 tires, o2 sensor, alternator ($600),belts, 2 sets of sparksplugs. And the worst of all, $2900 for a whole new front suspension. Plus alot of little things that adds up to alot of money. I know when you by a used car or truck, you are going to spend a little money to bring it up to standard. But, come on that much on a Ford truck. I'm very disappoint and looking for a different truck.

BEST TRUCK EVER!
By Chris Bruce on 01/31/10 16:41 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XL 4dr Extended Cab LB

I loved my f150 xl 2wd. It's reliable as hell, the ride is as smooth as driving a big car, and it is all around awesome. The only thing I didn't like was gas mileage, I was getting about 13 mpg. I wish it had a little more power to it, but it still had enough torque to pull my friends 93 Dodge ram charger with no problem. I love this truck I had to get rid of it because I needed something with better gas mileage but it felt like my girl friend broke up with me when I did. This truck is awesome and I would recommend that everyone should get it if they could afford the v8.

awesome truck
By jb on 12/23/09 19:35 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Lariat 4dr Extended Cab SB

This truck now has 290,000 miles on it and I still drive it everyday. I put 285 bfg's on it and I still get about 13 mpg. I have replaced a few coils, but they are cheap and easy to do yourself. I kept thinking it would crap out, but it's still running strong. Ford finally did something right.

Awesome Truck
By BIGDAVEW76 on 10/01/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab LB

Bought this truck used in 2006 and it had 50k on it, has over 151k miles on it now and it still runs like it did when I bought it. I drive 65 miles round trip for work 5 days a week and it took it every day. Nothing week about this Ford Truck!!!

Original Owner not sure if I should sell
By Rob on 03/02/09 16:18 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this for 10 years in the Colorado Rockies and have a few opinions. The engine of the truck has been very reliable, however the electrical system is horrible!. The brakes work well, but wear out yearly! It was a real slug on inclines until I installed a K&N intake system and exhaust system which changed the whole personalilty and handling of the vehicle. Never a single oil leak. Never stuck in snow, but weight in rear is highly suggested on icy roads. Never drive on slick roads with poor tread on rears with no weight. Currently have 175,000 miles, and expect to get another 100,000 miles unless I upgrade just for something new. Next truck will be a Honda Ridgeline!

Bad Tranny
By chuck on 02/12/09 17:54 PM (PST)

1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab XLT 4dr Extended Cab SB

This is a well designed and solid built truck. Every thing is tight and working well after ten years. The only problem and it is a big problem is the transmission had the famous Ford shudder when trying to lock up. I have bought two new Ford SUVs but after this I will not buy another Ford after such a fatal flaw. If you have not had the shudder yet, it is coming.